Register Now
clonefox

Anyone else think Assassin's Creed was ruined?

I remember when it was meant to be a trilogy. I loved the game. I played the first 3 and loved them a lot but once I realized what they were doing with the story and how they planned on milking it for every penny, I just gave up. I would rather have those 3 games be great memories for me then risk ruining them for myself by playing anything else from the franchise. 

Anyone else think Assassin's Creed was ruined? 

I thought AC4 was fantastic, but then didn't really play AC for a while. I got into AC Odessey more recently and I've love it. It's a very different kind of game to older AC's, more RPG like, but those elements have been done well. Yes, the microtransactions are annoying just through existing, but I it's still a really good game.

Actully I feel the opposite, I thought the large focus on the modern Animus and Desmond stuff in the first 3 games was crap.  When they stopped putting so much focus on that the games immediately got better.  I personally think Black Flag and Odyssey are easily the two best main games in the franchise.

In my opinion they should really just get rid of the Animus shit completely.

Edited by Crazycrab

Maybe I am alone with this then. I loved the core concept of the game and wanted an ending. I do think they road the coattails of their success and realized they can make more money out of it so kept it going. I am happy people are still enjoying it but I had to step away.

True, but the sad reality is that that's par for the course these days. They keep making sequels until they've run said series so far into the ground that there's no bringing it back. And I'm not talking about only AC here. Many series have had this happen to them. Castlevania lost a lot of popularity, and to be honest with you, I don't even remember the last time an entry to the series was made. PS3 I think. To my knowledge they quit after that. SMB is still going strong, but I think they're running out of ideas with it. The one series I see that is going great and most likely will keep it up is Final Fantasy. But that's because it's a completely new game every time. Sure there are a couple true sequels like FFX and FFX2. But that's not typical of the series. The only thing the games actually have in common is the series name.

And don't even get me started on fighting games. Those are way past their time.

I remember a few years ago before I ever got any playstation, a friend was playing AC on a ps3. I thought it was boring. A year ago I got a ps4 and bought a bunch of games, got 40 games now. I gave Odyssey a try and woah. Best game I ever played. Then I got Origins and now I play alternatively and will play for years to come! And now Valhalla is coming out. I'm happy and a big fan of their accomplishments. Out of every game I played, these are exactly what I have been looking for. All the other games I have, I just stopped playing most of them. I have all the best rated games like RDR2, GTA5, Metal Gear Solid, Witcher 3, Persona 5,  God of War, etc. and none I enjoy as much as Odyssey and Origins and it has a lot lower ratings for some reason.

Whatever floats your boat usually won't float mine. 

14 hours ago, The Burnout Kid said:

Heck No. If anything it got better honestly. Can't wait for the new game!

I'm not sure about Valhalla.  I love Vikings and Norse lore but one of the things that sold me on Odyssey was it's beautiful Greek setting and Valhalla's English setting looks kinda drab.

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm not sure about Valhalla.  I love Vikings and Norse lore but one of the things that sold me on Odyssey was it's beautiful Greek setting and Valhalla's English setting looks kinda drab.

Still better than the deserts of Origins.

2 hours ago, m76 said:

Still better than the deserts of Origins.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

Fair point. Deserts are not interesting, but then a friend tells you they are interesting, so you study them until you realize they're not interesting

I'm currently playing Origins and the deserts are very cool to me. Sand storms come around and you can get lost or have a crazy battle in the middle of one. You hallucinate from the heat and see ghostly images and weird things here and there. Even the character starts swaying like he's gonna pass out. I like riding a carriage through the desert. It's a sense of freedom. And the backdrop is always beautiful as the desert meets a village, water, or canyon. It's a game to immerse yourself in instead of rushing around to do quests. I take my time in the game. This game and Odyssey is like sight seeing at times. That for me is a masterpiece of art. To be able to take me from this so called world and enjoy in a game what I can't afford to do in real life.