Register Now
Kane99

Do games push loot boxes and micro-transactions too much?

Yes and the thing is that they are trying to milk the cow more than they even innovated. I mean look at the poor graphics and the low file compression innovation on developes part. Instead of low size and high graphics level innovation, their innovation is in pay to win lootboxes. 

Most of the modern games have one component of the microtransactions and loot boxes in them. They make money that way, which si kind of sad if you ask me. because they earn more money than the can spend their lives making someething innovative. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think a large group of people not paying for the in game stuff is a start. but it wouold be hard for that to happen. 

I think a large group is not paying for them. I think 10% of players buy 90% of microtransactions, or some similar ratio.

I can't say I'm pressured to ever buy any extra's but I can definitely tell there's more in-game advertising on Friday's (pay day!). Microtransactions in games like GTA bring in so much revenue it's unbelievable. I'm all-go for in-game DLC.