Register Now
Kane99

Are Esports players forced to use other controllers?

When it comes to esports, I imagine for esporting events, they require all players use new controllers provided by the organization running the event. I think that's what they do these days, but I could be wrong. I think it's smart if true, because we wouldn't want some gamer to come in with a modded controller after all. 

I just figure that everyone is required to use the same controller. What do you guys think? 

Yes, they require everyone to be on a level playing field. Normally means same computers, all set at same exact settings, keybinds the same as everyone, or controllers, same keyboards/mice, and even heatsets. Otherwise someone could claim that they have a unfair advantage due to the small ms input different between hardware.

Well there was that incident I think with the Tekken player who had his controller malfunctioning so he was able to do some epic moves and win easily. I think he rage quit because his controller got broken and he tried to find another one that had a similar malfunction in it but couldn't

From what I understand it is compulsory that all players part of an esports event must use controllers or even keyboards and mouses that are provided and not their own to prevent any kind of issues with possible modded controllers being brought into the event. This is great to be honest as could you imagine how bad modding would get if they allowed themselves to bring in their own equipment in. It's a good decision on their part for sure. 

I mean theoretically yes, but since the rules appear to be kinda open-ended, platonic could just say “no that’s silly” and not let you compete with your glorious wood box. I’m like 99% sure you can use approved 3rd party controllers like scuff or the Xbox elite (ik it’s not 3rd party but still) but idk about those cool attachable paddles tho.

Esports events typically allow players to bring their own controllers, but there are regulations in place to prevent unfair advantages. Some tournaments may provide standardized equipment for all players to ensure consistency. It varies depending on the specific event and game being played.