Register Now
StaceyPowers

Recommended gamepads for PC?

8 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I thought the DS4 worked natively through USB or Bluetooth, in fact I'm certain I've done it before...

I'm not sure because at the time, I had followed the instructions and used a USB dongle.

14 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I've heard of DS4, but for some reason never considered using it. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I do have a couple of issues.

1. The button prompts on screen won't match the symbols on the controller itself because the pronts will obviously use the equilvilant buttons on an Xbox controller. It's possible I could get used to that, but it would be annoying, especially for games I've never played before.
  2. I only have one DualShock 4 that works properly right now, so having to reset the controller and reconnect it to the PC and console every time I switch devices would be a pain in the ass. I could solve that by buying a new Dualshock 4, but there's no point when a new 1708 model One controller would cost the same. EDIT: Forget what I just said. For some reason I don't understand new Xbox one 1708 model controllers are price at around £80! How, when and why did that happen?

Between scalpers and the increased price of electronics because of the chip shortage plus increased tariffs in China, we have this current mess.

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure because at the time, I had followed the instructions and used a USB dongle.

Between scalpers and the increased price of electronics because of the chip shortage plus increased tariffs in China, we have this current mess.

And sadly enough, these scalpers are really conducting good business on daily basis without any kind of checks. 

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm looking into getting a new wireless controller for my laptop. I'm gonna go through this thread (thanks for that Video @Heatman), but if anyone has any new ideas feel free to share.

You're very welcome mate. It's nothing compared to the time you took out to teach most of us here with myself included on how to go about defragmentation. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

And sadly enough, these scalpers are really conducting good business on daily basis without any kind of checks. 

Companies and retailers only care about money so it doesn't matter to them if the customers are satisfied as long as they are getting their cut.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Companies and retailers only care about money so it doesn't matter to them if the customers are satisfied as long as they are getting their cut.

Exactly - it's been that way for a while now and I believe that it's something that won't be changing anytime soon. 

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

OK, I've decided t try out This model from EasySMX.

71s3HIboA4L._AC_SL1200_.thumb.jpg.6f0930bd42fa2f9c6f6bde9e6d0fb658.jpg

I've also purchased Tales of Arise for PC. Perhaps I'll give a kind of "dual review".

I went through the link you posted, which took me to Amazon store, some if the controllers I saw there for PC cost around $30-$35 there. That's kinda expensive too, but I know the pad or controller is worth it. 

On 9/28/2021 at 10:14 PM, Head_Hunter said:

The best and quality PC controller I've seen so far is Super Smooth Thrust Master controller, it is kinda expensive I must say. The value is worth around $20 for single type. 

I haven't come across the controller but for $20 only, it's not really that expensive in my opinion as far as it offers good quality. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, Heatman said:

I haven't come across the controller but for $20 only, it's not really that expensive in my opinion as far as it offers good quality. 

If you search it at Amazon you'll come to see it there, with the price and it's different types. That's where I discovered it, when I was searching for PC controllers. 

On 9/28/2021 at 4:14 PM, Head_Hunter said:

The best and quality PC controller I've seen so far is Super Smooth Thrust Master controller, it is kinda expensive I must say. The value is worth around $20 for single type. 

Isn't Thrust Master a racing wheel though? Or at least, that's mainly what they make.

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Isn't Thrust Master a racing wheel though? Or at least, that's mainly what they make.

Your right but they make some other peripherals to.  The "Super Smooth Thrustmaster controller" that @Justin11 described exists but as far I can it's an older and very cheap model designed for iOS and Android phones.  I'm not even sure if it works on PC.

99353_1552407358.jpg

Maybe he means one of Thrustmaster's more premium products like the eSwap Pro:

lime-pro-gaming-thrustmaster-eswap-pro-c