Register Now
Kane99

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Did you play as female or male? Supposedly you can alternate between the two any time. Is that true? 

I played as female, sometimes it felt that male would've been a better choice. But the romance options seem to have no preference in the game. Yes you can change at any time, and there is even an option where the game chooses for you depending on the chapter. But I think switching mid game breaks immersion. I don't like the animus bit in these games to begin with.

There is a new Valhalla River Raids in the latest update. I'm still in Norway, so I haven't even reached that point yet. But those that played the game w/o the river raids may want to go back and try it. I usually don't play male characters, but in this case I am enjoying playing the male Eivor. I actually like the story so far, and when the music kicks in along with the scenery, it's cool. The gameplay feels like a cross between the older style and the newer style of the AC series. Kind of like Origins. It's hard to play Valhalla and not stop to take a pic of everything. 

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" I have in Valhalla fighting my first beast under the stars, moonlight, and northern lights. I feel a beast awakening in me. I feel my ancient ancestors crying within. Crying to break free and dance under the pale moonlight. I fight this beast. But who am I to say who the beast is? I think I'm one now. Roooaaaarrrrr!!! Now back to my battle. 

I don't think Valhalla is getting as much credit or ratings as the game deserves. I think that the standards are pretty high for the series and people forget that if you step outside the box and look at this game from a fresh view, then it easily is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful games made. The game has a more serious tone which I like. I'm just imagining living in a time like that where you might be at war with the village next door and plundering is survival. I'm growing very fond of the character Eivor and his journey, or my journey too! I'm enjoying everything. 

There was just a big update 3.00 for anyone playing the game. 

For anyone else who has played this, do you recall the raven ever landing on your shoulder? It's supposed to when the character is in idle. It would land on my shoulder in Norway, but not England. I realized just recently- where the f*** is Synin? I've noticed after playing with my gear, that if I have my cloak and gear on, then 50/50 chance the raven will land. With no shirt, raven won't land. Did you ever notice this or did it always work for you? I contacted Ubisoft about it and waiting for a reply. Wonder if it's a bug, or a download problem. I hate that because I always loved it in Odyssey when the eagle would land on me. 

If you know how to draw there is a tattoo contest for AC Valhalla. From now till June 7 you can have your work for all to see in a game! #ACTattooContest. There is a new Modern Day gear pack too. It comes with a bayonet. I think that would throw off the whole setting. But this is Assassin's Creed where the protagonist is actually a sort of genetic memory. There are cool glitches throughout the game to emphasize or remind what the whole series is about, living the life of an ancient assassin to find clues to stop the past and present day templars who are evil. I'm really liking all these cool additions to the game that you find as you explore.  

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla_20210403220031.jpg

On 9/19/2021 at 1:33 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Assassin's Creed is one of my best Java phone games during my childhood. I also played it on symbian phone and in PS2 version. The mission is a horrific one, as the level increases the more difficult it becomes. 

Seriously - I wasn't aware that Assassin’s Creed was available on Java phones back then. But, I'm very sure that the graphics wouldn't be that good.