Register Now
Kane99

Fall Guys Season 3 is coming, are people even still interested?

So Season 3 of Fall Guys has some new stuff incoming. 

IGN posted an exclusive look at the new level Tundra Run being revealed. Not sure I am jumping back in anytime soon, I pretty much lost interest in the game since its release and I honestly don't think I'll be playing anymore. I feel like it's kind of losing its popularity in recent weeks. What do you guys think? Has Fall Guys kind of falen out of popularity? Especially with games like Among Us and Phasmophobia tearing it up lately. 

Edited by Kane99

I think the game is fun when you are playing with a group or with friends, otherwise it tends to be very repetitive and the same thing over and over again. It was for sure something different, and streamers who played it online made it honestly so popular - but after that, I don't see anything really new or unique they could add minus new maps?

According to Steam Charts it's fallen out of favour since October, its biggest peak since its consistently high numbers in September. It's still doing decently with over 10,000 players which I consider a good number for a multiplayer game with a price tag, but I can't see it holding even that much into the end of Q1 2021. I've had my fun with it, easily getting my money's worth in the one season I played, but I binged too hard to play it again any time soon, no matter how good or plentiful its updates might be.

This doesn't seem surprising though. Among Us' return and Phasmaphobia's popularity came out of nowhere from what I understand, otherwise it may well have stood firmly in the general multiplaying public's eye for much longer. Still, Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout's success came from that very same source, so this shouldn't have come as a big surprise to the developer and publisher. If the game is to die out, it's had a very good run and I'll remember it as one of my favourite - if flawed - multiplayer experiences.

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

According to Steam Charts it's fallen out of favour since October, its biggest peak since its consistently high numbers in September. It's still doing decently with over 10,000 players which I consider a good number for a multiplayer game with a price tag, but I can't see it holding even that much into the end of Q1 2021. I've had my fun with it, easily getting my money's worth in the one season I played, but I binged too hard to play it again any time soon, no matter how good or plentiful its updates might be.

This doesn't seem surprising though. Among Us' return and Phasmaphobia's popularity came out of nowhere from what I understand, otherwise it may well have stood firmly in the general multiplaying public's eye for much longer. Still, Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout's success came from that very same source, so this shouldn't have come as a big surprise to the developer and publisher. If the game is to die out, it's had a very good run and I'll remember it as one of my favourite - if flawed - multiplayer experiences.

I assume it's going to only get worse for them, as I can't see them regaining any of that vieweship. A lot of the time, I feel these games are just fads, and the next fun game to come out, takes its place before another comes out. Rinse and repeat. It's tough to keep a game popular for long. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I assume it's going to only get worse for them, as I can't see them regaining any of that vieweship. A lot of the time, I feel these games are just fads, and the next fun game to come out, takes its place before another comes out. Rinse and repeat. It's tough to keep a game popular for long. 

I totally agree with your point there. I'm trying to remember a game that also came out in the last year that faded quickly just like this but I can't quite remember the name...I'll go look it up.

I think Among Us killed the Fall Guys vibe, they kinda made it waaay cheaper, with a more fun thing and better servers. I would be more into fall guys if it was cheaper and had more stable servers. A lot of connections means a lot of pressure on the servers, if they don't work good...welp that's the end of the game. But if they manage to add some more excitement, then they might take over.