Register Now
Kane99

Why is motion blur even an option in games?

Motion Blur tends to seem pointless to me. I always turn it off when I play games, as whenever I keep it on, it bugs me more than anything. I think it makes the graphics look worse, and the motion as well looks off. I think a lot of games are starting with the setting turned off because of how useless it is in games. 

What do you guys think? Do you like to use motion blur?

VR - Sure makes sense, makes it more realistic. Regular games, where there is absolutely no point to it besides hurting your eyes, a big no from me. I tried Arma III with it and it was so bad. I couldn't do anything because my head was hurting. I turned it off somehow, but still I don't see the real point of it.

I agree that in regular games, it's so freaking useless. It doesn't really add any immersion but it impairs your vision and puts you at a disadvantage performance-wise. On the other VR and AR motion-blur really immerses you in the experience so it makes more sense to add it to VR-related content.

It should not exist and I'm tired if having to disable it in every new title I'm playing. Who would want to purposefully decrease visual quality while in motion?

It gets even worse in PvP titles where it has a negative impact on your competitive performance.

12 hours ago, Empire said:

It should not exist and I'm tired if having to disable it in every new title I'm playing. Who would want to purposefully decrease visual quality while in motion?

It gets even worse in PvP titles where it has a negative impact on your competitive performance.

So true - it throws you off your game in so many ways that it baffles me why anyone would want it. Let's think about it for a second - who has ever openly asked for this feature in the first place?

20 hours ago, Empire said:

Seriously, the real question is why it's set up with games to begin with? Who requested for it and at what end because most people aren't cool with it? 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So true - it throws you off your game in so many ways that it baffles me why anyone would want it. Let's think about it for a second - who has ever openly asked for this feature in the first place?

Seriously, that's the underlying question we need to look at before questioning its existence to begin with.