Register Now
Kane99

Best Karate/kung fu style games

What are some good karate/kung fu style games? I mainly remember stuff like Ninja Gaiden, but that's really all I ever played. I played some fighting games. What are some of the best ones worth playing? Maybe it's a popular fighting game, or an action adventure game where your fighting skills related to it. 

What are some games where your character can do karate or kung fu or any type of martial arts?

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Kung Fu on NES was always a good one.

I remember Kung Fu. Another game I just remember, was The Wrath of Manta on the NES. I don't recall if it was any good though. But it's a game I have in my collection, so I might have to play it. 

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

King of Fighters? 

I think I played a king of fighters game back on the ps2, but I forget. I'll for sure have to check it out though. 

9 hours ago, Patrik said:

If you are into Martial Arts, then give Sleeping Dogs a try, it's an open world game (similar to GTA), it has weapons and stuff, but most of the fighting in game is based on martial arts and Kung fu.

I love Sleeping Dogs. It's one of my favorite games from the past gen before ps4 and xbone. I need to replay it, as I have the remastered version on Xbox one and haven't touched it yet. Played the 360 years ago though. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I love Sleeping Dogs. It's one of my favorite games from the past gen before ps4 and xbone. I need to replay it, as I have the remastered version on Xbox one and haven't touched it yet. Played the 360 years ago though. 

Sleeping dogs would definitely rank in my top 5 martial arts games of all time. Another game I played quite a bit back in the day was Shaolin vs Wutang and while it wasn't an extremely amazing martial arts game, the fighting moves were actually pretty accurate and the game was decent.

I guess your best bet right now is Sleeping Dogs, Seriously. So many people overlook this game. It was great the first time and great enough I purchased the definitive edition during the Steam sale to play through it again. It doesn't get enough recognition and it's as good as the best entries in the GTA series.

It takes the GTA formula, places it in a classic style Hong Kong Triad/Undercover Cop drama, and then still impresses by throwing in hand to hand combat that rivals the Arkham Series. If it wasn't obvious, I LOVE this game.

13 hours ago, Empire said:

I guess your best bet right now is Sleeping Dogs, Seriously. So many people overlook this game. It was great the first time and great enough I purchased the definitive edition during the Steam sale to play through it again. It doesn't get enough recognition and it's as good as the best entries in the GTA series.

It takes the GTA formula, places it in a classic style Hong Kong Triad/Undercover Cop drama, and then still impresses by throwing in hand to hand combat that rivals the Arkham Series. If it wasn't obvious, I LOVE this game.

We all pretty much agree that Sleeping Dogs is the golden standard and nobody can argue otherwise...