Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most rewarding video game romances?

On a sentimental note, my romance with Zevran from Dragon Age: Origins was a personal revelation, so to speak. Because of that I can't think of any romance that has, or likely ever will, be quite as rewarding to me personally than that.

Otherwise, pretty much all the romances from Valkyria Chronicles. As you finish the game with soldiers alive (permadeath applies to all squadmates), their profiles get an extra paragraph telling of what happened after the war and who they went on to marry, or mourn in some cases. And not just who, but what, such as the Gallian armed forces, budding music careers or humble hobbies.

Edited by Withywarlock

You don't see a whole lot of video game stories feature a romantic love build. Most couples are already together at the start.

Final Fantasy X was also the first thought that came to my mind. The slow burn between the two in that game was done so amazingly well. From painful introductions to the awkward tension breaking scenes like that laugh. The scene in the forest lake, the 'wedding' and reactions to it, it all just flows so well together.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, The Blackangel said:

Rinoa and Squall in FF8. The way their entire love story developed. From not being able to stand each other, to jumping out into space without a plan to try to save her. It's a beautiful evolution.

Seriously, that's one the things that I loved so much about Final Fantasy 8. How it impacted on the game ending made me love the FF 8 a lot.