Register Now
Kane99

Pick up all, or go through it?

You know in games, when you take out an enemy and you go over to them to search them? Then you collect everything they have on them. Do you just collect everything they got? Or are you more selective and leave the junk behind? I tend to take pretty much everything on them, even the junk items. I find that in Cyberpunk 2077 I do this often, and I am often disassembling items to make more space in my inventory. 

Doing so though, gains me components and other things I can use to do crafting, so it works out in the end. 

Anyway, what is your preference? Do you take it all, or pick and choose what you want? This can go for chests, items found in the world, etc. 

I've yet to play a game where it wasn't more beneficial to take all and ask questions later. Everything in a game is worth something to someone, even if it's just lowly vendor trash. With inventory sorting being ever the more sophisticated now, it's easier to sort junk and low-value items and dump them if I can't reach a vendor. If it's useable in crafting, I'll stick it in the generous crafting storage the game will have if the developers know what's good for their knees.

Depends on the game, Most games when you kill them you have so much time to pickup the go and get out of the location. When they die they tend to go back where there bag is or there mates are still around. I tend to pickup what I can carry with the bag space that I have and only pickup what's really needed. 

I tend to take everything. In RDR2, if I kill someone, I loot their body for whatever they have that I can take. It's an easy way to make money, but it also lowers your honor rating. If you have a high honor rating, then the shops in the game all give you big discounts on everything. So I tend to try to keep it as high a I possibly can. But if I'm hunting, then no matter the quality of the hide, I keep it. If it's one I can just lay over on my horse. If it's a big one that I have rolled up and tied then I can only carry one of them at a time, but I can still stow small hides like wolf, deer, and pronghorn on it no problem.

8 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I've yet to play a game where it wasn't more beneficial to take all and ask questions later. Everything in a game is worth something to someone, even if it's just lowly vendor trash. With inventory sorting being ever the more sophisticated now, it's easier to sort junk and low-value items and dump them if I can't reach a vendor. If it's useable in crafting, I'll stick it in the generous crafting storage the game will have if the developers know what's good for their knees.

Same here. I just take everything in the moment and then later down the road I get rid of or sell what I don't need and keep the rest. Sometimes I have some very crafty hiding spots so I stash my loot there.

I collect absolutely everything at the start, after I select things. I loved in wow I would just collect everything for no reason at the start, even if it was worthless, but after I gained some gold I stopped 😄 same in Skyrim, Oblivion, Rust and so on.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:31 PM, Shole said:

I collect absolutely everything at the start, after I select things. I loved in wow I would just collect everything for no reason at the start, even if it was worthless, but after I gained some gold I stopped 😄 same in Skyrim, Oblivion, Rust and so on.

#Hoarder4Life XD. I totally understand, it just comes as second nature to stock up because you never know when you'll need them (That day is taking so long to come when you do actually need them but it's better to have than be a have not).