Register Now
Kane99

Comic-Con going virtual again, cancelled live event

Covid strikes again, and Comic-Con has been cancelled for physical appearances this year, but there's a chance 2022 will see it back to being in person again. Anyway, virtual is a good alternative. I have a feeling most events in 2021 will be virtual, at least until the world gets their share of the vaccine. Which could be a while. 

You can read about this news here - IGN

On 3/3/2021 at 7:02 AM, m76 said:

As someone who does not live in the US this changes nothing. For me comic con, E3, etc, were always online only. Or magazine only before reliable internet access.

I heard most gaming companies are abandoning E3 this year due to the ridiculous fees they are charging publishers.

On 3/3/2021 at 3:07 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah it is going to another tough year for most of the brands and the presentations. A lot would be struggling to get sales. I wonder people even have time to even spend money on -con events. 

The part that gets me is why did they think they could hold a physical event when Covid is still running rampant. It was always going to be difficult to plan.

On 3/3/2021 at 5:47 AM, Kane99 said:

Covid strikes again, and Comic-Con has been cancelled for physical appearances this year, but there's a chance 2022 will see it back to being in person again. Anyway, virtual is a good alternative. I have a feeling most events in 2021 will be virtual, at least until the world gets their share of the vaccine. Which could be a while. 

You can read about this news here - IGN

It's not a surprise to me though that Comic-Con was canceled as a result of the outbreak of the pandemic of Corona virus. I actually expected that to happen immediately the news broke. 

On 8/10/2021 at 5:13 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I know Gamescom was going to be a half in person event and digital, but recently they said they are going all digital. 

Seriously - They shouldn't be faulted because health comes first no matter what anyone else says. It's only when you are alive that a hobby comes to the fold.