Register Now
killamch89

Acer Rog Phone 5 - The Most Powerful Phone In Existence With 18GB Of RAM!

The Review, simple and straight to the point! You can feel the Love for the tech, no annoying irritating bootlicking to the developers, this review is for the people and interested customers. But do anyone know anything about ongoing software support from ASUS? I read on XDA that they are not known to be good in this area. ANd also just crazy hardware specs just for a phone and not using it for calls 😛 

On 7/12/2021 at 11:25 AM, Empire said:

The Review, simple and straight to the point! You can feel the Love for the tech, no annoying irritating bootlicking to the developers, this review is for the people and interested customers. But do anyone know anything about ongoing software support from ASUS? I read on XDA that they are not known to be good in this area. ANd also just crazy hardware specs just for a phone and not using it for calls 😛 

You are absolutely on point with how the review came out not trying to take the side of developers. It's in a way to convince you if you want or dissuade you, if you are not interested. 

On 7/12/2021 at 5:25 AM, Empire said:

Asus software support for PC is pretty hit and miss as certain laptops and components are always well supported while others tend to be a buggy mess. I'm not sure what their mobile support is like though.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Asus software support for PC is pretty hit and miss as certain laptops and components are always well supported while others tend to be a buggy mess. I'm not sure what their mobile support is like though.

Seriously, that becomes a big challenge when you don't really know if it's going to be compatible with your own PC or not which can be nerve-racking. 

This is bloody ridiculous, you barely need that much RAM on a gaming PC let alone a phone.  I know that people will argue "it's a gaming phone", but as far as I know there is no game on Android that uses more than 8Gb and they are mostly ports and spin offs of games on PC and console like Fortnite, Genshin Impact and COD mobile.

Sorry, but I consider phones like to be a complete waste of time.  The mobile gaming market is full almost entirely with low effort, time wasting, micro-transaction fuelled trash.  So who in their right mind would spend over $1000 on a phone when you can get something the likes of a Steam Deck which plays a bunch of full AAA PC games on the go for half the price, it's madness!

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

This is bloody ridiculous, you barely need that much RAM on a gaming PC let alone a phone.  I know that people will argue "it's a gaming phone", but as far as I know there is no game on Android that uses more than 8Gb and they are mostly ports and spin offs of games on PC and console like Fortnite, Genshin Impact and COD mobile.

Sorry, but I consider phones like to be a complete waste of time.  The mobile gaming market is full almost entirely with low effort, time wasting, micro-transaction fuelled trash.  So who in their right mind would spend over $1000 on a phone when you can get something the likes of a Steam Deck which plays a bunch of full AAA PC games on the go for half the price, it's madness!

It's only going to matter much to some who's into mobile gaming more than any other gaming platform. It doesn't make sense if you ask me but it certainly would to others. 

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

Well games like fortnite (4GB requirement) and few other graphic heavy games need a lot of RAM and that's mentioned in their requirement. So yes, you do need that much RAM. Maybe mobile phone gaming is not for you.

Seriously, even without having games with bigger RAM requirements for it to run successfully, I would still take the smartphone.