Register Now
Patrik

Games with the highest number of DLC's

When I read the title the first thing that came to my minde also regards the most DLCS in a game is that it's ETS2 🙂 I agree they have so much and still they have another two more new more DLCS coming. 

I do not own all of them but near enought 🙂 

56 minutes ago, Empire said:

another two more new more DLCS coming. 

Iberia and the heart of Russia DLC's! i'm too excited for them and they will be probably the only DLC's that i will be buying as the vanilla maps are sort of the same and boring

To me, the winner must be the The Sims 4. The standard game is barely even a fraction of the actual game. There are so many expansion packs that expansion packs are available for the expansion packs, it's unbelievable. EA, they do what they do.

Edited by Shagger

3 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Rocksmith has 1,545 DLC, all of which are useful to some extent in learning how to play electric or bass guitar. It costs approximately $900 US in total.

There it's a bit more understandable, you pay a couple of pounds or whatever for each song that you want to learn.  That's not the same as chipping off parts of the gaming experience and selling them seperate.

41 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

There it's a bit more understandable, you pay a couple of pounds or whatever for each song that you want to learn.  That's not the same as chipping off parts of the gaming experience and selling them seperate.

Correctamundo. Plus there's licensing fees to cover, which is why CDLC isn't recognised as officially supported because the artists aren't being paid to have their tabs featured in the game.

10 minutes ago, Patrik said:

holy moly, that's a lot of DLC's, but for $900 only? what's the average price of each DLC?

Well that's some back-of-a-cig-wrapper math done on Reddit, so it could be more. Just having a quick glance, a lot of the songs in UK prices are £2.69 so it probably amounts to a whole lot more than $900 in US dosh. 😞

Seems that Fantasy grounds is also has  so many DLCs worth over $10,000 in DLC and then as we mentionTrain Sim with around $8,000 to 10K followed by Rocksmith with $5,000 🙂 

However there are DLCs and addons for games that they do not have many yet they are very costly in fact. I mean games like aircraft DLSc worth over $100 each or more

28 minutes ago, Empire said:

However there are DLCs and addons for games that they do not have many yet they are very costly in fact. I mean games like aircraft DLSc worth over $100 each or more

Well the reigning heavyweight champion of THAT bullshit is beyond any question or shadow of doubt Star Citizen.  The cheapest ship packs start at about same price as a full retail game and the most expensive being in the tens of thousands of dollars.  Even after that they the have gall to feature more microtransactions for shit like clothes, weapons, equipment, land, resources and even (I swear I'm not making this up) insurance...  INSURANCE in case your digital ship and/or it's digital cargo gets stolen of destroyed for fucks sake!  All this for a Alpha test to a game to a game that will never exist.  It is a literal scam.

Edited by Crazycrab

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Well the reigning heavyweight champion of THAT bullshit is beyond any question or shadow of doubt Star Citizen.  The cheapest ship packs start at about same price as a full retail game and the most expensive being in the tens of thousands of dollars.  Even after that they the have gall to feature more microtransactions for shit like clothes, weapons, equipment, land, resources and even (I swear I'm not making this up) insurance...  INSURANCE in case your digital ship and/or it's digital cargo gets stolen of destroyed for fucks sake!  All this for a Alpha test to a game to a game that will never exist.  It is a literal scam.

Have you heard of DCS world then? The base game is free to get that offers you one or two free aircraft. Where they make their money is from DLCs and whatnot for the game that you have to buy, that's where it's costing way too much. For a F-5E Tiger II that's not even 1GB in size is $67.95 USD

30 minutes ago, Empire said:

Have you heard of DCS world then? The base game is free to get that offers you one or two free aircraft. Where they make their money is from DLCs and whatnot for the game that you have to buy, that's where it's costing way too much. For a F-5E Tiger II that's not even 1GB in size is $67.95 USD

$67.50, is that all?  SC has you trumped big time 😄!

Star Citizen is NOT free to play, you get NO free ships, is not finished nor is it likely to ever be and the most expensive single ship is the Javalin at $2500.