Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you decide what quest to do next in an open world game?

It depends on the area that I want to visit, so I'll typically look up quests in that region and do those. Their are a few occasions where I might do some quests since I'm already in the area and probably don't plan to revisit it so I just do all the quest there.

I get that problem all the time and I still throw my hands in the air on what to do first. The rule is to go for closest level you are at first and closest distance first. I try to see a pattern where quests are laid out to see if they guide me a certain direction. I try to make sure a quest I picked up that is around my level, doesn't sit for too long cause then I'll forget who is who and wtf is going on. It will break immersion if I pick up a simple quest that should have been done that afternoon (game time) and instead do it 2 months later (real time). Cause then it's like nothing happened and everything is the same, except I'm all geared out and 10 levels higher with blood stains all over me. All in an afternoon's work I guess. 1000 kills for brunch. Then drink blood wine for dinner. And slurp down some salty eye ball olives. Then pitch up the human skin tent and tattoo another victim's mark across my arm. As I stare into the camp fire, I ponder which direction to head to at dawn. I ponder all the lives I will take that stands in my way from conquering this land. My land. And everything in it. I claim it. One soul at a time. One monster at a time. One village at a time. I won't stop until the only thing flowing anywhere is beautiful bright blood. Flowing blood straight from arteries. Watery red that will never dilute. It will never wash away. Everything is stained. Now it's time for bed after I set my traps. Even in my sleep, my traps will feed me souls all through the night. 

On 4/7/2021 at 10:26 PM, StaceyPowers said:

By what process do you choose the next quest you will do in an open world game?

Personally, I decide based on the importance of the quest at hand. Once it's very important to take on such quest, I'm going at it first before any other thing.