Register Now
StaceyPowers

What makes you play or avoid a remake of a game you love?

If a developer sticks mostly to the original story but improves on the graphics, gameplay mechanics and fleshes out a bit more of the overlooked parts of the original game and the price is affordable, I'll definitely play that remake. If it's just a minor graphical bump with not improvements whatsoever to the original game and the price is outrageous, then I'll pass.

I'm interested in Destroy All Humans remake. I really liked it on ps2. For me, I'm a sucker for graphics. There really isn't any specific thing to make me avoid or want to play a remake of a game I love. Wanting to play it out of curiosity and the graphics I guess is what does it for me. So if there isn't really any major upgrade, then I'll pass too. They better add some maps, longer story, more characters, or something. They better make it with a bunch of DLC already added with gear. You listening (TLOU)? 🤞

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm interested in Destroy All Humans remake. I really liked it on ps2. For me, I'm a sucker for graphics. There really isn't any specific thing to make me avoid or want to play a remake of a game I love. Wanting to play it out of curiosity and the graphics I guess is what does it for me. So if there isn't really any major upgrade, then I'll pass too. They better add some maps, longer story, more characters, or something. They better make it with a bunch of DLC already added with gear. You listening (TLOU)? 🤞

Destroy all humans is a classic! I just wish they'd give you an open world to kind of wreak havoc on the human without any objectives at times.

Nostalgia mostly would block me from a remake. Curiosity would bring me to a remake. With FF8, they did a great job, and in my opinion improved the game. With Links Awakening, I was sickened by it. Sure I play it because since getting my Switch, I forget to bring my GameBoy all the time. But it was a remake that never should have happened. That was a nostalgia and curiosity mix. I rarely touch it, mainly because I just can't bring myself to. But with 90-something DDL's on my Switch and around 25 cartridges, I have no shortage of game options. I also have BOTW, but it's having a hell of a time keeping my interest.

What definitely turns me away is if they make long standing supporters pay the same for it as complete noobs. For example I have bough every mass effect game and every single player dlc ever released for them, but I'm supposed to pay the same price for the legendary edition as someone who didn't spend a cent on the trilogy before? Hell no.

In a polar opposite I got SKyrim Special edition completely free just for owning the game and the DLC expansions.