Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you win a fight that eats up a lot of supplies, do you try again?

If you are playing a game with limited supplies and you run through a lot of them winning a fight, do you typically go back and retry to save the supplies, even if the fight is pretty hard? I usually do, if I’m not assured of more supplies coming up soon.

If it was a seriously difficult battle, I wouldn't because in circumstances like that you always stand to use up a lot of supplies and there's every chance you'll lose more than the initial attempt. I'll simply forage for more after that battle.

Sometimes. In Total War you have the ability to play out a battle manually on a field/in a siege, but alternatively you can instantly resolve the conflict via auto-resolve. The latter's not the most reliable at calculating unit strength, health, numbers and other factors that can change dramatically on the field, but it's an easy way of avoiding ~10-20 minutes that might end up having a negligable or otherwise boring outcome. Three cheers for savescumming, eh?

It depends on the mood I'm in. I'm reminded of a political cartoon named The Pyrrhic Victory of the Mulligan Guards: "Another victory like this, and our money's gone!"

Edited by Withywarlock

I am not the biggest fan of redoing things so I will usually only redo it if I know for sure I can be more efficient with my supplies. Sometimes I just like to celebrate a difficult win, even if I could have done better!

If it has taken be hours or just so long to get passed that seriously difficult battle then maybe I just move onto the next one and then fail that I have nothing left. Even if you redo it again, how long will it take to redo it and fail just to save your supplies. Games like that I do not like doing. 

On 4/24/2021 at 12:09 AM, StaceyPowers said:

If you are playing a game with limited supplies and you run through a lot of them winning a fight, do you typically go back and retry to save the supplies, even if the fight is pretty hard? I usually do, if I’m not assured of more supplies coming up soon.

Why in the world would I ever want to lose more resources that I can't spare anymore in a fight I know that wouldn't be an easy one?