Register Now
killamch89

Have You Ever Witnessed Someone Get Really Mad At Losing In A Video Game? How Did They React?

When we were teens, me and my friends were hanging out at a friend's house getting ready to go to a party. While he was getting ready we decided to play some Fifa and one of my friends was getting battered (If I remember correctly the score was like 7-0). At the end of the match, he started crying and threw my friend's controller so hard that it both shattered into pieces and dented the wall. Needless to say, we weren't invited back to his house until years later because of that incident. Please share your experiences down below.

Minus the crying I've done the same to my own systems in a rage. But as for witnessing someone else doing something, I saw a neighbor kid break a desk when he didn't get the time he wanted on the time trials in Mario Kart (SNES) as he thought he was better. He got nuts there.

Getting angry at anything that doesn't actually have an impact on one's life is childish. come on, Anyone that truly loves a game would find enjoyment in analyzing their mistakes and figuring out how they need to improve. As you stated, professional players are good at keeping calm and this only helps them get better. It's a big reason why they've made it as far as they have. Often enought we always see it in big title games, even GTA online where kids just rage over there mic when they get killed over and over again and hear so many bad words from there end.

The games that I do, it's relaxed and never have this. apart from yourself 😛 

There are two types of reactions, one comes with insults and one come in a sort of "peaceful" way like (yeah sure), but raging over games is generally a dumb thing to do, you play for fun not to have a heart attack 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Minus the crying I've done the same to my own systems in a rage. But as for witnessing someone else doing something, I saw a neighbor kid break a desk when he didn't get the time he wanted on the time trials in Mario Kart (SNES) as he thought he was better. He got nuts there.

Did the kid punch right through the desk? This kid sounds like he should be in karate kid...

13 hours ago, Empire said:

Getting angry at anything that doesn't actually have an impact on one's life is childish. come on, Anyone that truly loves a game would find enjoyment in analyzing their mistakes and figuring out how they need to improve. As you stated, professional players are good at keeping calm and this only helps them get better. It's a big reason why they've made it as far as they have. Often enought we always see it in big title games, even GTA online where kids just rage over there mic when they get killed over and over again and hear so many bad words from there end.

The games that I do, it's relaxed and never have this. apart from yourself 😛 

I mean I'll curse in my head occasionally but getting mad enough to destroy stuff has never crossed my mind when gaming. I usually just take a deep breathe and try harder and if I fail again, so be it.

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

There are two types of reactions, one comes with insults and one come in a sort of "peaceful" way like (yeah sure), but raging over games is generally a dumb thing to do, you play for fun not to have a heart attack 

Some people are very competitive/passionate by nature and they don't know how to deal with that in a mature way and as a  result, they tend to resort to rage.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Some people are very competitive/passionate by nature and they don't know how to deal with that in a mature way and as a  result, they tend to resort to rage.

Exactly, some people try to prove that they are good so badly lol, like bragging about being good will change something in real life, it just gives them that temporal feeling of glory till they log out lol

22 hours ago, Patrik said:

Exactly, some people try to prove that they are good so badly lol, like bragging about being good will change something in real life, it just gives them that temporal feeling of glory till they log out lol

Yeah - Some of the worst narcissist and jerks I've come across in this lifetime is other competitive PVP players. Some of them are so unbearable that I purposely start picking on them and beating them a thousand times before they rage quit.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

If I remembered correctly, it's on Facebook that I saw the video where one guy broke or smashed his plasma television as a result of losing a soccer game. 

I saw that video too. Actually it has become a meme material. Initially when he lost the game, he put on a fungo bat and hit the TV. 

Similar thing happened in my neighborhood. It was early around 2012-13, when my neighbour friend had broken his PS1 controller for losing a betting game in Tekken. 

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

I saw that video too. Actually it has become a meme material. Initially when he lost the game, he put on a fungo bat and hit the TV. 

Similar thing happened in my neighborhood. It was early around 2012-13, when my neighbour friend had broken his PS1 controller for losing a betting game in Tekken. 

Haha, I have actually broken my PS4 controller one time when I lost a match I was playing with a friend in PES Champions league final tournament in 89th minute. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:33 AM, Heatman said:

Haha, I have actually broken my PS4 controller one time when I lost a match I was playing with a friend in PES Champions league final tournament in 89th minute. 

That happens when we get too much involved in such games. A great share should be given to the game developer also to produce such games which totally involves the attention of the Gamers. 😊

Though I don't have habit of breaking things, hopefully till now.😆

On 7/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, Razor1911 said:

That happens when we get too much involved in such games. A great share should be given to the game developer also to produce such games which totally involves the attention of the Gamers. 😊

Though I don't have habit of breaking things, hopefully till now.😆

In most cases, whenever I'm playing such games with my buddies, we do play some side cash bets, so a lot of things are at stake.