Register Now
The Blackangel

Horror games best view

What do you think is the best view for a horror game, first or third person? I say first person view. A third person view defeats the purpose to me and doesn't really do anything for the game. Imagine Outlast or Layers Of Fear in third person. It just wouldn't be a horror game. Granted, I play games in third person preferably, but this genre is an exception as there is always an exception to every rule.

Edited by The Blackangel

I love horror games and I've found you need both if the game has an indoor and outdoor setting. In Evil Within 2 there is a 1st and 3rd person option. When I'm indoors I like to use the 1st person because it lets me see everything up close and is more intense. It also doesn't have the character's body blocking every bloody view. But when I go outside there is no way I want to be stuck in 1st person so I use 3rd. That way I can see if I'm hidden and just works for me better. Plus, if there is action outdoors, it's hectic trying to get a good shot when I am attacked in first person mode. I can't see what is going on. But indoors it's just different and 1st person works. The Last of Us of course bends so many exceptions if you want to categorize it as horror, which it is and isn't. 

Layers of Fear-1st person all the way no doubt. 

Obviously I will too go with the majority, first person is best for horror games. 3rd person just doesn't let you connect to the environment.

Playing horror games like outlast 2 in first person, will genuinely give you some shocking moments for sure.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Playing horror games like outlast 2 in first person, will genuinely give you some shocking moments for sure.

That's for damn sure. That big bastard that's constantly hunting you throughout the entire place is enough to make a person leave a wet spot where they're sitting if he gets the jump on you.

Edited by The Blackangel

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's for damn sure. That big bastard that's constantly hunting you throughout the entire place is enough to make a person leave a wet spot where they're sitting if he gets the jump on you.

Seriously, it's very crazy how these games developers would work up unbelievable graphics that would freak out with how real it gets.