Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you handle a fight you can’t seem to beat?

12 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

If you hit a fight in a video game where you’re like “I can’t do this,” how do you handle it? I usually take a few days off and come back until it’s done, and hope at some point I figure out the solution in my sleep.

The real question is why would you get into a fight that you know you can't win? But if the fight is unavoidable, then try as much as possible to learn the weakness of your foe and use it against it. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I usually do the same - I take a few days off and then try again. Either that or if I look like I'm losing I just go full out attack and hope for the best.

The best defense is a proper calculated attack because it gives the swift line on taking out your opponent in an unexpected way. 

It depends on how unbeatable it is. If I see that it is within the realm of possibility I just have to concentrate a bit better then I keep trying until I succeed.

But if I can't even get near to beating it even after lowering the difficulty then I quit trying and consider the game badly designed.

I don't consider myself an especially skilled gamer but I beat numerous games on their hardest difficulty, so if any game has a level or boss that I can't beat I'll cry foul.