Register Now
Shagger

Soulja Boy CLAIMS to have Bought Atari!

Soujia Boy's ventures into the business of gaming have not been met with much praise for good reasons. He rebranded knock off consoles with his own brand then tried to sell them at a mark up, and that's basically the entire business model he had. When he tried it three years ago, he not only got called out on it it, but Nintendo themselves sent him a cease and desist order because these knock off consoles included illegal ROM's of Nintendo games. Say what you want about Nintendo and thier heavy handed policies when it comes to pricy and protecting thier branding, but I'd honestly say they were justified on this one. There are even a lot of reports that consoles weren't delivered with a way to claim a refund from him. He defended this by asking people to call him directly and ask for a refund as if we all his his personal phone number saved in our phones. Idiot.

He actually tried again this year by changing...well, nothing really. Still a knock off console with his rebranding selling for double it's normal price that has, one again, not been delivered for most people who bought it. The man is a con artist, simple as that.

Now he's pulled his best punking of the world yet by claiming he has sold his Company Soljia Boy Game for $140million and has bought Atari and is now thier CEO. I'm saddened that I lack the talent to make this up. He confirmed this I believe during some kind of steam that was then posted to YouTube. This was the only clip I could find without commentary.

I wanna make this clear. I didn't buy this for a second. Normally I wouldn't dignify this nor this attention whore with a thread, but I wanted to this time for a number of reasons:

1. This is a deluded con man that need called out.
  2. This is an amusing story.
  3. I fully expect Atari to denounce this claim very soon. Obviously, there has been no word from Atari or any other credible source on this. I just want a record to say I called this shot.
  4. Maybe if he get enough bad publicity on this, he'll stop and stay out the games industry.
  5. If in the very remote chance he's actually telling the truth, then this is momentous. The final nail to bury Atari for good. Sad, but's a moment in history that needs recognised.

I don't know what else to say, this is a joke. I know Soulja Boy will never read this, but if by some miracle you are reading this, then it's God that's brought you here and need to listen. I admired your ambition when you tried to break into the games industry, but it was with a very misguided business model and it hasn't gone well. It was at least an interesting story to observe, but enough is enough. Atari is a name people still hold dear and it's funny to mess with it. Even if you have actually bought Atari, not that I believe it, please leave running it to somebody else and just be a silent majority shareholder. But really, the best thing for you to do is get out of the game's industry, for real.

Edited by Shagger

On one hand, going by his past actions, I'd be led to believe that he's off the lean again which he always is. On the other hand, Atari's history in regards to owners is for the lack of a better word - strange and this would just add to it. As of now though, he's always fronting on Social Media so the skeptic in me just sees this as one of his signature attention-seeking tactics.

59 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Predictably, Atari have confirmed Soulja Boy was talking complete bullshit. Full story from Nintendo Life.

And why not, I'll just throw this vid from ReviewTechUSA in there as well as he sums this up fairly well.

As I said - one of his yearly attention-seeking moments. Seriously, I feel like this happens every year with him.

I remember hearing about him awhile back. Always figured that scammers like him, love the public attention, and will do anything to try to get money out of gullible people. I hope that eventually everything he does, comes to kick him in the butt and gets a little bit of time in jail for it.