Register Now
StaceyPowers

Video game ideas that were good in theory, but suffered in execution?

21 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I'll forgive cheesy looking menus in a racing game, but unrealistically bad car control is something I can't forgive.

Seriously - when it comes to the menu, it's not necessarily a very big deal but with the car control, it's something that you can't have a workaround. If it's bad, you're doomed. 

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You're right especially when the vehicle in question is supposed to be realistic replica of it's real life counterpart. It should have the same handling as well.

It's not even only that but in a situation where it's supposed to aid you in wining a game race, it ends up making you loser. 

44 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's not even only that but in a situation where it's supposed to aid you in wining a game race, it ends up making you loser. 

Well that'd be the most obvious outcome. I remember having that issue with one of the cars in Midnight Club ( a great game btw) but it was an older nissan car that was known for excellent handling but in-game it was the total opposite.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well that'd be the most obvious outcome. I remember having that issue with one of the cars in Midnight Club ( a great game btw) but it was an older nissan car that was known for excellent handling but in-game it was the total opposite.

Seriously - it makes a mockery of the the car IRL. When they know they are using a real life car replica in games, they should upgrade the cars features in the game too. 

Anyone talking about anthem here? Well, the trailer that they made was so amazing, anyone would fall prey after that. But the reviews are coming contrary to that. I haven't played that, but most of the gamers are already complaining that EA has done justice to the game. 😆

Trespasser - The open world Jurassic Park survival game. It was at least 15 years ahead of its time. I liked the idea that everything is physics based in it, even aiming and picking up objects. But the execution was a product of the technical limitations of the time.

2 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Anyone talking about anthem here? Well, the trailer that they made was so amazing, anyone would fall prey after that. But the reviews are coming contrary to that. I haven't played that, but most of the gamers are already complaining that EA has done justice to the game. 😆

I don't think a company that is known for narrative driven single player games, making an MMO shooter is a good idea in theory. But I don't think MMOs are a good idea to begin with. And I did play Anthem, and my takeaway was that if they hadn't forced the multiplayer and live service aspects it could've been a great game, because the foundations were solid. It had lots of potential.

19 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

The truth is that there are some video games trailers and even movies trailers that comes out so perfect but ends up being a total garbage. 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:22 PM, m76 said:

I don't think a company that is known for narrative driven single player games, making an MMO shooter is a good idea in theory. But I don't think MMOs are a good idea to begin with. And I did play Anthem, and my takeaway was that if they hadn't forced the multiplayer and live service aspects it could've been a great game, because the foundations were solid. It had lots of potential.

Yeah, sometimes new experiments cost really high. I was sure about the quality of the game, but the gameplay is the main focus where most of the gamers are complaining. Otherwise, as you have mentioned the graphics and foundations are pretty solid. 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:49 AM, m76 said:

Trespasser - The open world Jurassic Park survival game. It was at least 15 years ahead of its time. I liked the idea that everything is physics based in it, even aiming and picking up objects. But the execution was a product of the technical limitations of the time.

When you push far into the future with your production, there is always a possibility of not getting your facts right because everything is all about simulations of what it's going to be like. 

39 minutes ago, Empire said:

Final Fantasy XV.I liked the guys road trip idea but the combat, open world quests and world building itself couldn't hold my interest after the first hours of honeymoon. Hope the FF7 remake will be better when they day comes. 

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is definitely awesome. I'm shocked that you're yet to play it. I'm definitely sure that you'd love it.