Register Now
Crazycrab

Release date for Horizon Forbidden West

I still don't know whether I'll be getting it or not. The trailer and the gameplay video for Forbidden West was just amazing really. Now that the 60FPS update has been released for Horizon Zero Dawn, I will have to play it on the PS5 and see what I think of the game.

2 hours ago, Darth said:

I still don't know whether I'll be getting it or not. The trailer and the gameplay video for Forbidden West was just amazing really. Now that the 60FPS update has been released for Horizon Zero Dawn, I will have to play it on the PS5 and see what I think of the game.

From the chatters that I have read online so far about the game, it looks like something that's not going to be a disappointment. We can only be certain once it's released. 

7 hours ago, Shagger said:

PlayStation and Guerrilla have done a 180 on the bullshit policy they were going to do for upgrading to the PS5 version as detailed on PlayStation Blog.

Good, the needed to.

hfwupdate.thumb.PNG.47e44e92e38b63334778a724456189a6.PNG

This is more of a for now solution while they look for some loophole to pull the rug from right under our feet. Sony has certainly been on an anti-consumer spree for the past few years and their endeavors are become more bold by the day.

10 hours ago, Shagger said:

PlayStation and Guerrilla have done a 180 on the bullshit policy they were going to do for upgrading to the PS5 version as detailed on PlayStation Blog.

Good, the needed to.

hfwupdate.thumb.PNG.47e44e92e38b63334778a724456189a6.PNG

Well I'm glad they reversed that decision, they made a commitment to the free upgrade path and they should stick to it.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This is more of a for now solution while they look for some loophole to pull the rug from right under our feet. Sony has certainly been on an anti-consumer spree for the past few years and their endeavors are become more bold by the day.

I actually had good hopes on Sony for a while but they have disappointed me with some practices they get into with how they deal with their customers. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

I actually had good hopes on Sony for a while but they have disappointed me with some practices they get into with how they deal with their customers. 

From what I've read, it's the present CEO that's started to make these very poor decisions like moving Sony to the USA instead of staying Japan among other things. They also shut down certain Japanese studios which were influential in their rise which was also a poor decision that'll come back to haunt them.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

From what I've read, it's the present CEO that's started to make these very poor decisions like moving Sony to the USA instead of staying Japan among other things. They also shut down certain Japanese studios which were influential in their rise which was also a poor decision that'll come back to haunt them.

Seriously, there will always be one who comes in to mess up what other people have worked so hard to build all in the name of setting up their own legacy. 

A new Story Trailer just came out for Horizon Forbidden West and their is a fair amount to unpack from it:

Eurogamer also did a breakdown of the trailer.  (Contains Spoilers for Horizon Zero Dawn)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-19-horizon-forbidden-west-just-got-a-brand-new-trailer-heres-a-detailed-breakdown

I've got some ideas of my own.  Since it's Sylens who gives Regalla and her Tenakth rebels the ability to control machines HADES must be involved with the blight that killing the flora and fauna.  Possibly by hijacking GAIA'S terraforming functions DEMETER and perhaps others the same way that HEPHAESTUS hijacked CYAN in The Frozen Wilds.

I also think the plot might revolve around restoring GAIA and her subordinate functions to working order to stop and reverse the effect of the blight.  Their going to do this by finding the knowledge inside APOLLO.  An alpha version of APOLLO was on the doomed Odyssey space craft project that may have survived the purge done by Ted Faro.  I think now Aloy and Sylens are now effectively in a race to find it.  This is where this new character Tilda is going to come into play.

This is definitely going to be interesting!  I'm really looking forward to this!

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

A new Story Trailer just came out for Horizon Forbidden West and their is a fair amount to unpack from it:

Eurogamer also did a breakdown of the trailer.  (Contains Spoilers for Horizon Zero Dawn)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-19-horizon-forbidden-west-just-got-a-brand-new-trailer-heres-a-detailed-breakdown

I've got some ideas of my own.  Since it's Sylens who gives Regalla and her Tenakth rebels the ability to control machines HADES must be involved with the blight that killing the flora and fauna.  Possibly by hijacking GAIA'S terraforming functions DEMETER and perhaps others the same way that HEPHAESTUS hijacked CYAN in The Frozen Wilds.

I also think the plot might revolve around restoring GAIA and her subordinate functions to working order to stop and reverse the effect of the blight.  Their going to do this by finding the knowledge inside APOLLO.  An alpha version of APOLLO was on the doomed Odyssey space craft project that may have survived the purge done by Ted Faro.  I think now Aloy and Sylens are now effectively in a race to find it.  This is where this new character Tilda is going to come into play.

This is definitely going to be interesting!  I'm really looking forward to this!

Seriously, a lot of things have been said about this game already and it looks like they haven't even let the cat out of the bag yet with all that's been displayed in the trailer. Let February come quickly please 😌

They dropped a new Cinematic Trailer earlier today.

I usually prefer gameplay over cinematics in promotional material, but they have given a lot of gameplay already and hearing Aloy quote Rost from Zero Dawn is surprisingly very touching in this.

The embargo was lifted a couple of hours ago scores are pretty much 8's and 9's across the board:

Screenshot_2022-02-14-10-00-06-197_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a8d08a379eeb53ece7151fe2097457f1.jpg

I know reviews from pro-outlets need to be taken with a grain of salt, but their consistent here and it seems to pretty much reflect what were expecting.  So I'm not expecting this to disappoint.

14 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

The embargo was lifted a couple of hours ago scores are pretty much 8's and 9's across the board:

Screenshot_2022-02-14-10-00-06-197_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a8d08a379eeb53ece7151fe2097457f1.jpg

I know reviews from pro-outlets need to be taken with a grain of salt, but their consistent here and it seems to pretty much reflect what were expecting.  So I'm not expecting this to disappoint.

The same thing goes with me too. From the looks of everything, it's going to come out as an excellent game.