Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did gaming help prepare you for your career?

https://www.studyfinds.org/video-games-career-success/

“A new survey polled 2,000 Americans about the biggest lessons they’ve learned from video games and discovered 47 percent say gaming prepared them for success.”

I can confirm that gaming did help prepare me for my career, mostly by helping me learn how to work well with others. Also, I learned to type fast since I played MUDs growing up.

Did gaming help prepare you for your career?

6 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I feel like driving games taught how to drive to a large extent also.  You learn balance and car control by playing a good racing game.

Yeah - it's actually what happened with me when it comes to playing racing video games. Some drive through are very informative. 

There is this game called Parking where you literally learn how to park your car in block space with cars in front and back. It helped me to get my car parking IRL well. 

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

In America we hate parallel parking.  That's why companies are creating cars with parallel park assist.

It's actually not that really hard to get parallel parking done with much finesse. I hope that video can help you out with it. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd say not really - It was more from an artistic point that I got into animation and digital art. Not so much gaming - who knows? I plan to get into 3-D animation so I may get involved in game development at some point.

There was a guy who's actually planning on tutoring me on 3D animation. I already got someone applications he recommended for me to get for the lessons. 

On 9/8/2021 at 1:17 PM, Heatman said:

It's actually not that really hard to get parallel parking done with much finesse. I hope that video can help you out with it. 

Thanks Heatman.  One thing that video illustrates besides parallel parking is the Japanese car domination of the U.S. market.  If only there had been better Ford Pintos and Chevy Vegas in the '70's, people would have just remained loyal to Ford and GM.

3 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Thanks Heatman.  One thing that video illustrates besides parallel parking is the Japanese car domination of the U.S. market.  If only there had been better Ford Pintos and Chevy Vegas in the '70's, people would have just remained loyal to Ford and GM.

You're very welcome my friend. I'm happy that you found the video tips very helpful and that's a spot on observation with the dominant cars in US evident in the video. 

On 9/8/2021 at 10:47 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah. The video is informative. If we talk about the games, I guess the simulation games largely helps to build the environment, Where we can really learn driving or flying. I played MSFS and it helped to learn flying Technics that helped me in real life. 

Edited by Razor1911

41 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah. The video is informative. If we talk about the games, I guess the simulation games largely helps to build the environment, Where we can really learn driving or flying. I played MSFS and it helped to learn flying Technics that helped me in real life. 

Yeah - it's actually very good for anyone who's having issues with parallel parking. It really helped me a lot when I faced the challenges as well.