Register Now
StaceyPowers

Characters you disagree with, but like/enjoy

On 9/23/2021 at 12:49 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I dislike Goro, and Shao Kahn in MK, their scenes with the real MK movie made me dislike them here in gaming. I love playing using Lui kang, or kitana, or Sonya blade etc, to hack down the firepower of those two even when set at the highest difficulty. 

Seriously - the kind of likeness that I have towards Jonny cage. With all the powerful characters in MK, I love JC charisma more. 

On 9/22/2021 at 6:49 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I dislike Goro, and Shao Kahn in MK, their scenes with the real MK movie made me dislike them here in gaming. I love playing using Lui kang, or kitana, or Sonya blade etc, to hack down the firepower of those two even when set at the highest difficulty. 

I disliked both characters as well but I did enjoy their moments in the Mortal Kombat series. Mortal Kombat wouldn't be what it is without Shao Kahn, Goro and others like Baraka.

42 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I disliked both characters as well but I did enjoy their moments in the Mortal Kombat series. Mortal Kombat wouldn't be what it is without Shao Kahn, Goro and others like Baraka.

Lots of characters indeed, it's even more than 50 characters if you're playing with a partner, their will simply be varieties of characters to pick. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You remind me of the long impressive game like Mortar Kombat, every child's dream game, it was more of fun when I was a child back in 2009 when I played it first time via a Sega console. 

I love Lui kang, Johnny cage, kitana. 

Although, the game graphics sucked in Sega consoles back then compared to what we have now, it was still an interesting game for most kids. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Although, the game graphics sucked in Sega consoles back then compared to what we have now, it was still an interesting game for most kids. 

Yeah, the kids enjoyed the game more, Mee too I enjoyed it earlier on because during my childhood their wasn't high quality consoles back then. So every one was so motivated around Sega games. 

15 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, the kids enjoyed the game more, Mee too I enjoyed it earlier on because during my childhood their wasn't high quality consoles back then. So every one was so motivated around Sega games. 

Kids don't have much expectations from games, it's actually why we really enjoyed everything we had back then. 

This is one of the major reasons why I like Fallout: New Vegas, that every faction has its flaws but - minus Caesar's Legion, which Chris Avellone didn't want in the game for this reason - has its redeeming features that make it difficult to entirely loathe them. That to me is what makes a good villain: a character whose motives you can understand. A great villain's motives are better than yours.

But those are factions rather than characters. Cephal Lorentus, a Lawful-Evil Wizard in Pathfinder: Kingmaker's Varnhold's Lot DLC is how I envision a perfect character archetype of that alignment. An cold man whose hard logic comes from his years of experience, and whose mistrust aids his role as an advisor. I was delighted to play my first ever Lawful-Evil character in that DLC because we got on so well, an alignment I normally don't like. So inspired was I that I used his character portrait in my subsequent playthrough of the main game, as an Alchemist. I may even use his avatar for this here forum, come to think of it.

Ahem! But were I in a Chaotic-Good mood, he would not suit me one bit. Moving on!

Geralt of Rivia took some time to grow upon me. I don't like that I can't use magic to persuade everyone without fail, and I don't always like his methods, but I cannot deny that he is mostly consistent in his behaviours and reasoning in my playthrough of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. However good or evil he is in that moment, he has his own flair that justifies it.

Korgan Bloodaxe of Baldur's Gate II is a Chaotic-Evil Barbarian character, another alignment I normally wouldn't have in my party, but he has a lot of charisma with his yelling and cursing, searching for a necromancer's tome that his former party had wrongfully stolen. He plans on stealing it back for himself and selling it for cash.

Strangely, that's all the people who come to mind.

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Kids don't have much expectations from games, it's actually why we really enjoyed everything we had back then. 

Since their minds are free, they don't think too much, just them and gaming and nothing more. When I was a child I don't think about anything just me and game. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Well, growing up in that era, those graphics were groundbreaking at the time and it was the first time we ever encountered a game with that much violence. Hell, they were trying to get it banned in the US.