Register Now
StaceyPowers

Can you enjoy a game without being crazy about its gameplay?

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - you definitely know your behavioral patterns on how do deal with your gameplay frustration. It never helps when you give into the frustration. 

Sure, I control it so it doesn't affect me in any way. I'm not a grown up, if I don't control my emotions after bizarre gaming time, when will i? Lol, it's simply now. 

On 10/2/2021 at 6:25 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Sure, I control it so it doesn't affect me in any way. I'm not a grown up, if I don't control my emotions after bizarre gaming time, when will i? Lol, it's simply now. 

If you get crazy over a game, it's definitely going to take more than what it's going to offer you in the end by over stressing you. 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:07 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If a game impresses you sufficiently with respect to its setting, characters, story, ambiance, or other qualities, are you able to enjoy it even if the gameplay itself is not outstanding?

If the video game is worth my getting crazy over it playing in my own space, I don't really see anything wrong with it. If not, then playing neutral seems to be a good fit. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the video game is worth my getting crazy over it playing in my own space, I don't really see anything wrong with it. If not, then playing neutral seems to be a good fit. 

Seriously, I'm liking your sense of direction and bluntness with expressing yourself. If it's looked at closely, getting crazy over a game with your emotions isn't that bad if it doesn't make you acting out of line. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Normally we go crazy over a game that didn't go our way, be it in multiplayer online or offline, or via mission. 

Well, once your craze is created for you alone, it's not a problem as far as I'm concerned. But when you allow it to affect those close to you, it's not something good. 

On 10/15/2021 at 3:50 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, I'm liking your sense of direction and bluntness with expressing yourself. If it's looked at closely, getting crazy over a game with your emotions isn't that bad if it doesn't make you acting out of line. 

I'm more of an introvert with how I relate to people. So, I try to maintain my distance and even the way I talk to people even when I'm not happy or happy about something. 

A lot of story driven games are like that, but what else can they do as far as gameplay when it is 99% story based? If they spent more attention on gameplay, then it will become a regular FPS game, then evolve into a sandbox. A game without it being story based I would hold more accountability for gameplay, but it's still possible to enjoy the game if it sucks. It'll just be rushed a bit. And that doesn't give any green light for poor gameplay. I expect nothing less than 100% effort in smooth gameplay. 

On 10/16/2021 at 5:55 PM, Heatman said:

Well, once your craze is created for you alone, it's not a problem as far as I'm concerned. But when you allow it to affect those close to you, it's not something good. 

It's all about minding your business and let your gaming emotions be felt by you alone because no one forced you to play, so they shouldn't suffer for whatever outcome that came out of it.