Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games feature the most realistic lighting?

2 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, that's why I have to-do list where I jot down every aspect of games I want to buy and how much it will cost me in total when I am ready for them. 

Yeah - it's actually going to work well with a to-do list. I have it on my smartphone because it's far more easy to use my phone to-do list to put down important information. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually going to work well with a to-do list. I have it on my smartphone because it's far more easy to use my phone to-do list to put down important information. 

You can still do it with your smart phone, I have a smart phone I also have a PC. I'm using my smart phone to talk with you here. Simply create a note with your smart phone and update your to-do game list for the month, or year. 

Just now, Head_Hunter said:

You can still do it with your smart phone, I have a smart phone I also have a PC. I'm using my smart phone to talk with you here. Simply create a note with your smart phone and update your to-do game list for the month, or year. 

Exactly - it's how it's done. Techs have made a lot of things very easy for us to navigate and manage easily these days. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - it's how it's done. Techs have made a lot of things very easy for us to navigate and manage easily these days. 

Yes, that's why life is very easy now due to technologies making things easier for us. Apart from all the inventions this short term life wouldn't be worthwhile at all. Gaming also makes it more interesting. 

If a game has realistic lighting then you wouldn't really notice it, you would just sucked into the world.  You would notice more if something was wrong, like a shadow pointing in the wrong direction or god rays coming out the ground.

Still I think I'd cast my vote for Outlast, I think it's survival horror games like that where immersive lighting matters the most.

Just now, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, that's why life is very easy now due to technologies making things easier for us. Apart from all the inventions this short term life wouldn't be worthwhile at all. Gaming also makes it more interesting. 

Seriously - we can't really overemphasize on how gaming have played a huge role in our lives today. How boring most of our lone time would have been without having games to play. 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - we can't really overemphasize on how gaming have played a huge role in our lives today. How boring most of our lone time would have been without having games to play. 

It could've been more boring to me without all this entertaining stuffs especially gaming. I do watch some movies, but I hang with my phone or PC alot doing different kinds of stuffs online. 

10 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

If a game has realistic lighting then you wouldn't really notice it, you would just sucked into the world.  You would notice more if something was wrong, like a shadow pointing in the wrong direction or god rays coming out the ground.

Still I think I'd cast my vote for Outlast, I think it's survival horror games like that where immersive lighting matters the most.

That's a good call - Outlast is one of those games that doesn't get the respect it deserves as a horror game. Between the lighting and the imagery, you feel like it's your nightmare and then you wonder what were you smoking to even have a nightmare like this in the first place.

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It could've been more boring to me without all this entertaining stuffs especially gaming. I do watch some movies, but I hang with my phone or PC alot doing different kinds of stuffs online. 

Why movies don't really have much impressions like games do is that in movies, you just sit and watch, while in games you directly get involved in what happens. 

I don’t know if it’s the lighting specifically, but the “realistic” graphics overall give me a headache while playing Battlefield V trying to find enemy players. They blend in so well, I remember back during Battlefield 3 enemies used to stand out at least a little bit.

12 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

When it comes to survival horror games, Outlast is very good but personally it's Alien: Isolation for me. It offers me the best thrilling feeling of trying to survive. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Why movies don't really have much impressions like games do is that in movies, you just sit and watch, while in games you directly get involved in what happens. 

I love to feel the art, that's why I enjoy playing games than watching movies. Because in gaming, I am part of the acting, but in movie I'm simply reduced to mere spectator. 

7 hours ago, Empire said:

I don’t know if it’s the lighting specifically, but the “realistic” graphics overall give me a headache while playing Battlefield V trying to find enemy players. They blend in so well, I remember back during Battlefield 3 enemies used to stand out at least a little bit.

Well, it could be that the enemy is dressed in camouflage so they blend in with environment. 

On 9/22/2021 at 4:42 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I love to feel the art, that's why I enjoy playing games than watching movies. Because in gaming, I am part of the acting, but in movie I'm simply reduced to mere spectator. 

Exactly - video games afford the players the choice and chances to decide what the gameplay is going to be and its end as well.