Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is the longest you have played in a Bethesda RPG without a glitch?

Expect for skyrim right after release, bethesda games were relatively trouble free for me. There might have been occasional glitches but nothing out of the ordinary. Then again I have not played any bethesda rpg since fallout 4 in 2017

Some Bethesda games are better than others, but I don't think a single game Bethesda has developed has been without issues. Oblivion, Fallout New Vagas (I know that was developed by Obsidian and not Bethesda, but it's still the same engine and base assets) and latter ports of Skyrim (Like Skyrim Special Edition) were not bad, where as Fallout 3 and especially Fallout 76 were train wrecks. I have successfully played Shyrim SSE for hours on end without any notable problems in both PC and console, but there were fan-made mods and patches at work.

11 hours ago, Shagger said:

Some Bethesda games are better than others, but I don't think a single game Bethesda has developed has been without issues. Oblivion, Fallout New Vagas (I know that was developed by Obsidian and not Bethesda, but it's still the same engine and base assets) and latter ports of Skyrim (Like Skyrim Special Edition) were not bad, where as Fallout 3 and especially Fallout 76 were train wrecks. I have successfully played Shyrim SSE for hours on end without any notable problems in both PC and console, but there were fan-made mods and patches at work.

Same thing I said - with mods, I hardly saw any issues but without them, I ran into at least one bug or glitch every 4-5 hours on average but these were the more minor bugs. I've only ever encountered game-breaking bugs 5-6 times throughout all my playthroughs of Bethesda games. From what I've heard recently, Fallout 76 is now a decent game that actually works the way it was intended and it now gets regular updates (could be another No man's sky comeback).

11 hours ago, Shagger said:

I've played Fallout New Vegas on multiple consoles, PC, with mods and without and it has NEVER worked properly for me.  I've managed to get Skyrim, Oblivion and even Fallout 3 working pretty stable but NV was absolutely hopeless.

Edited by Crazycrab

11 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I've played Fallout New Vegas on multiple consoles, PC, with mods and without and it has NEVER worked properly for me.  I've managed to get Skyrim, Oblivion and even Fallout 3 working pretty stable but NV was absolutely hopeless.

You right about New Vegas, it is quite buggy especially without mods. I forgot to mention it because I haven't played it in a couple of years.

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I've been hearing about negative reviews about this Bethesda video game. Does it mean that, it's developers aren't doing much to correct the bugs? 

It depends on which game you're talking about. Fallout 76 is the only game that had the most negative reviews at launch because it was horrible at launch. The only thing is that some of their games are extremely buggy if you don't use mods.

32 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It depends on which game you're talking about. Fallout 76 is the only game that had the most negative reviews at launch because it was horrible at launch. The only thing is that some of their games are extremely buggy if you don't use mods.

That's pathetic of the video game creators allowing their video game suffering from buggy and glitches all over. Can you simply explain what mods mean in video games? 

5 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's pathetic of the video game creators allowing their video game suffering from buggy and glitches all over. Can you simply explain what mods mean in video games? 

Wikipedia explanation:

Mod or modification is a term generally applied to PC games, especially first-person shooters, but also to real-time strategy games. Mods are made by the general public, and are entire new games upon themselves. They can include new items, weapons, characters, enemies, models, modes, textures, levels, and story lines. They also usually take place in unique locations. They can be single-player or multiplayer.

13 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Wikipedia explanation:

Mod or modification is a term generally applied to PC games, especially first-person shooters, but also to real-time strategy games. Mods are made by the general public, and are entire new games upon themselves. They can include new items, weapons, characters, enemies, models, modes, textures, levels, and story lines. They also usually take place in unique locations. They can be single-player or multiplayer.

Thanks alot buddy for taking your precious time to draft this guidelines for me to know mainly around the mod or modification. I've known how it works.