Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is it hard for you not to be a “backseat driver” while watching someone game?

38 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - sometimes I even fall asleep during the session lol.

Lol, you're there, what's my concern, by the way I came to satisfy my curiosity. When he or she doesn't want my assistant I'll watch until the time is alright for me. 

20 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I used to "backseat drive," now I don't.  I don't recall the last time I've seen a friend or loved one play a game, but I feel like I wouldn't "backseat drive."

I try to put myself in someone else's shoes so even if I was tempted to help them or want to say something, most people like to figure out things for themselves so I stay quiet until they ask.

If it's a game I have interest in like RDR2, then I just sit back and enjoy watching them play. If they're trying to figure something out but having trouble, I'm willing to help out, but otherwise I keep quiet. If it's a game I'm well educated on, I'm always willing to help. If not, I try to help, but usually just make the situation worse. If it's either a game I'm not familiar with or not interested in, then I typically don't pay much attention. Games like the Skylanders series and Fable series. Neither interest me, so I don't really pay attention when someone is playing them. I've watched gameplay before on both, and they bore the shit out of me.

Edited by The Blackangel