Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you pay attention to the ground in video games?

Definitely; I love the roads, soil, fauna, stone paths, dead bodies, everything. I like the sound of walking too. I like the puddles of water reflecting light. The animals running around. I love the streets in Days Gone with the black tar, dried cracked lines, yellow lane paint fading. The footprints in snow. Puddles of blood. Flowers. Debris. 

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm kind of paranoid in certain games because traps usually always are on the ground and also monster waiting to ambush you.

That's why we ought to be very careful when playing, unless watch closely to the ground so we discover those traps to avoid monster ambushing. 

Once upon a time, it was quite the novelty to see your character's legs and feet when in first person games, so I guess that's a habit that's carried over for people who are more versed in such games.

I pay attention for a number of reasons: to comment on graphical fidelity, to look for hidden paths, to detect traps and falls, and simply know where it is I'm actually going. There are other, more quirky reasons, such as when BioWare had taken a .jpg of some coffee beans, turned them grey, and used that as a cobblestone effect in Baldur's Gate. It's also that game that has me frequently pause to let Detect Traps tick over and highlight hazards. Always remember to Find And Remove Traps: it could save your life!

On 10/7/2021 at 8:21 AM, Justin11 said:

That's why we ought to be very careful when playing, unless watch closely to the ground so we discover those traps to avoid monster ambushing. 

Yeah - I hardly ever stand still in a game either because enemies can ambush from underground.