Register Now
StaceyPowers

Biggest adjustments you’ve had to make with a new generation of games?

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

I actually did that - sleeping over for a few days when I started playing at my friend's place. It was so fun for me then and even now too whenever I get there. 

You're really making me so jealous of the fun that you are having already with playing and enjoying PS5 at your friend's. 

On 12/14/2021 at 6:47 PM, Boblee said:

It's devasting when you get stuck on one generation console for too and see the gaming history move away in your eyes. 

I'm way back from the new generation of video game console, simply two generations adrift, when it comes to play station series. But I'm hopeful of not falling further adrift by 2022 as my PC is ready to be launched. 

9 hours ago, StormyFire said:

Games have gotten much, much bigger over the past decade or so. I guess the biggest adjustment for me was having to upgrade my computer's storage to accommodate games that can be 100+ GB.

Exactly and it's something that's very common now as more new games are of bigger file size and with low storage space, you can't play most games. 

11 hours ago, StormyFire said:

Games have gotten much, much bigger over the past decade or so. I guess the biggest adjustment for me was having to upgrade my computer's storage to accommodate games that can be 100+ GB.

My brother have external hard drives that's in terabyte which he uses to support his PC. 

On 12/18/2021 at 1:02 PM, Heatman said:

My brother have external hard drives that's in terabyte which he uses to support his PC. 

God forbid if anything happens to the external hard drive, he's losing all of his files and everything... It's going to be a total disaster. 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:27 AM, Boblee said:

No gamer would adjust positively to the kind of aggressive approach with microtransactions used in games today. In as much as it's very common now, it still sucks!! 

Is common now, no doubt. It started with PES going on.ektb eFootball, which first encouraged F2P, now such feature is everywhere around gaming. 

21 hours ago, Boblee said:

God forbid if anything happens to the external hard drive, he's losing all of his files and everything... It's going to be a total disaster. 

I can remember my last experience with my smartphone memory card which was 128GB and it suddenly got fried and I lost all my files. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

I can remember my last experience with my smartphone memory card which was 128GB and it suddenly got fried and I lost all my files. 

Wow, that's really harsh. I'm very sure that it's probably a virus corruption that caused that kind of damage. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Wow, that's really harsh. I'm very sure that it's probably a virus corruption that caused that kind of damage. 

Till today, I never recovered from the loss of data and important files that I lost as a result of that. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Till today, I never recovered from the loss of data and important files that I lost as a result of that. 

There is no way you would expect it to be easy for you to recover from the data loss as long as you didn't or never had them backup in Google cloud or another source. 

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's a pity to lose the save data especially when it is highly important. That's why I have duplicate files due to such kind of unpleasant drama. 

Actually, it's something that happens all the time to someone out there who aren't that careful enough with how they save and backup their files. Now, I get that just saving your files isn't enough, you must have them backed up.