Register Now
StaceyPowers

Biggest adjustments you’ve had to make with a new generation of games?

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, the wallet adjustment point really cracked me up this morning and if you look at it very closely, it's actually true because all they do now is set up ways to suck your money more. 

No matter how funny it sounds, it's the real truth. In modern gaming, you can't get anywhere without having to spend a little bit of money on the games. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

No matter how funny it sounds, it's the real truth. In modern gaming, you can't get anywhere without having to spend a little bit of money on the games. 

Exactly, with the kind of microtransactions used in video games today, it's definitely hard to play without adjusting your wallet. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, the wallet adjustment point really cracked me up this morning and if you look at it very closely, it's actually true because all they do now is set up ways to suck your money more. 

True, microtransactions especially. Loot boxes seem to be dying down some, mainly because of the backlash they have received, but they are still around. 

What's funny though, is that video games haven't gone up a lot in price in the past 20-30 years. I think back in the NES days, games were often priced just as high, if not more. I think when the N64 was around, I swear I remember seeing prices up to $60 or more. But I forget. I kinda wish I saved some of the JCpenny catalogs we got for Christmas back in the day, I bet some of the prices back then are crazy outrageous. 

31 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

True, microtransactions especially. Loot boxes seem to be dying down some, mainly because of the backlash they have received, but they are still around. 

What's funny though, is that video games haven't gone up a lot in price in the past 20-30 years. I think back in the NES days, games were often priced just as high, if not more. I think when the N64 was around, I swear I remember seeing prices up to $60 or more. But I forget. I kinda wish I saved some of the JCpenny catalogs we got for Christmas back in the day, I bet some of the prices back then are crazy outrageous. 

The use of microtransactions weren't that much or even invoke then, which probably made the price games that high. So, now they replaced one with another. Game's prices stays the same but aggressive microtransactions used in the games. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

The use of microtransactions weren't that much or even invoke then, which probably made the price games that high. So, now they replaced one with another. Game's prices stays the same but aggressive microtransactions used in the games. 

It's actually the only upgrade in video from then till now that's really not worth it to the gamers but more to the game companies. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's actually the only upgrade in video from then till now that's really not worth it to the gamers but more to the game companies. 

Seriously, the companies are the one that just over benefits from the upgrades of the use of microtransactions that they started using in games today. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, the companies are the one that just over benefits from the upgrades of the use of microtransactions that they started using in games today. 

They are the ones that invented the use of microtransactions, so by right they are supposed to be the one that benefits from it. 

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

If things aren't done around gaming, video games gonna be ruined through gambling, + loot boxes, and micro-transactions etc. 

In the end, it's all about the money for the company's business because they won't start talking about it if the money factor isn't included. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Video games companies run their project on money and it's why they are getting all too aggressive when it comes to how they go about trying make more money from their games. 

And for that reason, they feel its within their rights to suck the living life out of gamers with their crap aggressive microtransactions.