Register Now
StaceyPowers

Biggest adjustments you’ve had to make with a new generation of games?

If you abruptly jumped from one game generation to another, what were the biggest adjustments you had to make? For me, it’s been the whole “press vs. hold” button thing jumping from PS3 to PS4 games. But expanded fields of view aren’t far behind (thankfully, it seems one can usually turn them down or off).

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Besides buying a new hardware, and new controller functions - not much I'd say...

Generally, when they get damaged, you're bound to having them replace whether you like it or not as long as you still want to play on the console 

On 10/23/2021 at 8:27 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If you abruptly jumped from one game generation to another, what were the biggest adjustments you had to make? For me, it’s been the whole “press vs. hold” button thing jumping from PS3 to PS4 games. But expanded fields of view aren’t far behind (thankfully, it seems one can usually turn them down or off).

I'm still struggling with the use of analog in all generation of consoles that I have played on. It's more like they should exclude analog for me. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm still struggling with the use of analog in all generation of consoles that I have played on. It's more like they should exclude analog for me. 

I find it quite easy to play racing games with the use of my analog control but as for football or any other games, it's a complete no for me. 

On 10/24/2021 at 2:52 AM, killamch89 said:

Besides buying a new hardware, and new controller functions - not much I'd say...

Once you play for long, there will always be time to change your hardwares like the controllers and headsets. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:10 AM, Head_Hunter said:

If you're very careful enough, your quality controller can last more than four years. I used my PS3 console controller for 3 years before it damaged. 

My Gameboy is still functional till today when I checked it out. It over 30 years and it's still here.