Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you fail to complete a task many, many times in a game, do you want the game to offer you to skip it?

On 12/11/2021 at 11:11 PM, Heatman said:

How many games have you been frustrated to quit as a result of that kind of feeling when you were playing? 

I really can't count, but I made that harsh decision around God hand, during it's last mission side when I can't down the second to last protagonist. 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I really can't count, but I made that harsh decision around God hand, during it's last mission side when I can't down the second to last protagonist. 

You can easily get back to playing the game God Hand all over can't you? 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't really get the mistake that you made when you were playing or played the game God Hand? 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't really get the mistake that you made when you were playing or played the game God Hand? 

And as long as he's still got the game, he can always go and play back all over again and get everything right the way its stopped to be. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

And as long as he's still got the game, he can always go and play back all over again and get everything right the way its stopped to be. 

Yeah, unless it's not on his Playstation 3 which he currently plays that he used to have the game, then it's game over. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, unless it's not on his Playstation 3 which he currently plays that he used to have the game, then it's game over. 

And I'm not sure if that's the case whether he would be willing to purchase the game all over again? 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

And I'm not sure if that's the case whether he would be willing to purchase the game all over again? 

I'm not sure if he would be willing to doing that either now as I know very well he's more into Motor GP games now than action games. 

The games I play are pretty simple so it's not really something I've come across before. However, I think it would be quite good for games to offer something like this to gamers because it can be annoying after a while if you keep failing. 

One thing that is good about the PS5 is that they offer guides for certain achievements. Doesn't help you much with the actual story or hard parts of the game but can be good to solve those annoying achievements that you find difficult to unlock.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:00 PM, Heatman said:

The mistake is explained maybe you didn't get it well. Okay, fine. I said, I got frustrated to the point I nearly smashed my controller due to the series of defeat succumbed by the hands of the second AI antagonist which is an enemy to me. I didn't progress past him for 10 consecutive fights, until I got frustrated and left the game unplayed till now. 

12 hours ago, Darth said:

The games I play are pretty simple so it's not really something I've come across before. However, I think it would be quite good for games to offer something like this to gamers because it can be annoying after a while if you keep failing. 

One thing that is good about the PS5 is that they offer guides for certain achievements. Doesn't help you much with the actual story or hard parts of the game but can be good to solve those annoying achievements that you find difficult to unlock.

Seriously, it's something that gets really very annoying when you keep failing at the same thing over and over again. It would make you feel like you're not up to the task. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, it's something that gets really very annoying when you keep failing at the same thing over and over again. It would make you feel like you're not up to the task. 

To be very honest with you, that feeling is not a good thing at all because it messes up with your gaming confidence. 

On 12/17/2021 at 11:33 AM, Heatman said:

To be very honest with you, that feeling is not a good thing at all because it messes up with your gaming confidence. 

I personally hate failing for too long at a particular game. It happened with me in playing Bloodborne but I took some time off and hit it back better. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

I personally hate failing for too long at a particular game. It happened with me in playing Bloodborne but I took some time off and hit it back better. 

I wouldn't expect anything less from Bloodborne being it that it's still the same makers of Dark Souls FromSoftware Inc that made the game. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

I wouldn't expect anything less from Bloodborne being it that it's still the same makers of Dark Souls FromSoftware Inc that made the game. 

With FromSoftware Inc being behind the making of Elden Ring, something big is cooking up for gamers in 2022.