Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you fail to complete a task many, many times in a game, do you want the game to offer you to skip it?

On 11/25/2021 at 10:02 PM, Heatman said:

If the drills is something you have a point to prove, there no way you can be able to leave unfinished no matter what it's going to cost you as a gamer. 

When there are far more better games to play that would be accomplishing to the gamer why get stuck with one? 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It's only the completionist kind of gamers that would prefer to be stuck in that particular point till they beat it before they can move on. 

They are the kind of people that don't really feel comfortable leaving any task not completed which is why they will drive on until they complete it even if it means going to any extent.

Yes please. I know some gamers would frown upon it and claim you're not a gamer, but that's BS. Play games however you want to. I love when games allow you to skip a tough section, especially if you keep getting stuck on it. I don't think it's wrong to want to skip that mission or section. 

If you want to get through it still, you can certain continue doing that, but if I can't do it, I'll take the chance to skip sometimes. There's nothing wrong with it imo. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yes please. I know some gamers would frown upon it and claim you're not a gamer, but that's BS. Play games however you want to. I love when games allow you to skip a tough section, especially if you keep getting stuck on it. I don't think it's wrong to want to skip that mission or section. 

If you want to get through it still, you can certain continue doing that, but if I can't do it, I'll take the chance to skip sometimes. There's nothing wrong with it imo. 

Seriously, there is no joy in being stuck in one phase over trying to get past it over and over again with no progress. I'd skip it in a heartbeat because the frustration isn't necessary. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It gets aching to the point of paranoia when you are stuck in a spot where you can't do anything and you are definitely supposed to beat it before you can progress. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

For as long as skipping that particular content is not going to influence or affect my gaming in a negative way I wouldn't really worry too much about doing so.

This is the main turning point for most people who would be open to playing and skipping some game contents because of inability to complete it. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is the main turning point for most people who would be open to playing and skipping some game contents because of inability to complete it. 

Exactly, it saves you the stress of being stuck in a process that's not going to favor you but only add frustration for you. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, it saves you the stress of being stuck in a process that's not going to favor you but only add frustration for you. 

I always tell myself, if someone or something isn't working, you don't have to kill yourself over it trying to force it. Just move on and have peace. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

I always tell myself, if someone or something isn't working, you don't have to kill yourself over it trying to force it. Just move on and have peace. 

That is why I believe a lot of people don't really fancy it too much when they can't skip a content in video game that doesn't really prevent them from progress into another state and completing the game.