Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you fail to complete a task many, many times in a game, do you want the game to offer you to skip it?

On 11/5/2021 at 1:00 AM, StaceyPowers said:

The other day, a friend said that after he fails a video game task a certain large number of times (i.e. a few dozen), he would prefer if the game offers to skip him past it or offer a workaround. Would you want a feature like this, or would you not?

If the tasks are too boring, then it's something that I would definitely like to have skipped with the feature if it's actually available on the game. 

On 11/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't even install or buy any video game which doesn't in any way pleasing to me. Before I buy or install I'll watch its trailers, read it's reviews before deciding on the game. 

When one does that kind of thing, it means that they have cash to waste or throw around which in both cases, I'm not among. 

I had an issue a couple days ago due to a glitch in RDR2. In the train job during chapter one, the engineer grabs Arthur and you have to grapple with him to get him off you. The game wasn't letting me fight him. It literally wasn't letting me elbow him to get him off. So the engineer constantly beat me and threw me off the train. I tried shutting my PS4 off, and reloading the game, but it didn't fix it, so I eventually had to choose the skip option to skip the fight. And this wasn't the first time this same glitch has happened. Earlier this year, it wouldn't let me fire my gun. No matter what weapon I chose, it simply would not let me fire it. Neither in a mission, or if I was out hunting. No gun for me. So I had to erase my game, and start over.

These kind of glitches in this game are pure fucking bullshit, but this kind are thankfully rare. The good ones are when a guy flies the entire length of town at the level of the rooftops, after an apparent Superman off screen punches him. Or when Uncle plays air banjo, yet still produces music.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I had an issue a couple days ago due to a glitch in RDR2. In the train job during chapter one, the engineer grabs Arthur and you have to grapple with him to get him off you. The game wasn't letting me fight him. It literally wasn't letting me elbow him to get him off. So the engineer constantly beat me and threw me off the train. I tried shutting my PS4 off, and reloading the game, but it didn't fix it, so I eventually had to choose the skip option to skip the fight. And this wasn't the first time this same glitch has happened. Earlier this year, it wouldn't let me fire my gun. No matter what weapon I chose, it simply would not let me fire it. Neither in a mission, or if I was out hunting. No gun for me. So I had to erase my game, and start over.

These kind of glitches in this game are pure fucking bullshit, but this kind are thankfully rare. The good ones are when a guy flies the entire length of town at the level of the rooftops, after an apparent Superman off screen punches him. Or when Uncle plays air banjo, yet still produces music.

Seriously, glitches are game killers for me no matter how small and even how often they occur in the gameplay. Personally, the way I see it, they shouldn't be existing in games at all. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

When one does that kind of thing, it means that they have cash to waste or throw around which in both cases, I'm not among. 

That's complete waste of money going to buy without proper review of the game. It might turn out to be worst decision ever made for me. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's complete waste of money going to buy without proper review of the game. It might turn out to be worst decision ever made for me. 

I can't really remember anytime in the world today when I have ever purchased any games even if it's for $10 without having to go its reviews. 

35 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I can't really remember anytime in the world today when I have ever purchased any games even if it's for $10 without having to go its reviews. 

What you've been doing dear friend is the best. Anyone who is neglecting the act of reviewing a video game before purchase is simply wanting to regret it. 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:28 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, you know the reason what I meant. I don't like to be stuck one place in a video game, I love making progress no matter what. 

Yeah, in a situation where you keep failing to progress on a particular task, it's useless being stuck their and keep wasting your time. 

23 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Reviews are always completely biased, which is why I always skip them. If I had listened to them, I would have missed out on several of my favorite games. Many of which were made by LJN. So as far as I'm concerned, fuck reviews.

Haha, it's actually why I stick to few games reviewer like WatchMojo because they always give accurate and less biased reviews. 

On 11/19/2021 at 12:20 AM, The Blackangel said:

Reviews are always completely biased, which is why I always skip them. If I had listened to them, I would have missed out on several of my favorite games. Many of which were made by LJN. So as far as I'm concerned, fuck reviews.

What's LJN my friend? It's a review website I guess? 

LJN is a video game company like Konami or Capcom. People often think of them as the worst game company ever, having made the worst games ever. AVGN did a hilarious video about them. He also mentions them in a huge number of his videos as the Unholy Grail of Shit video games. But i personally like a lot of their titles.

35 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

LJN is a video game company like Konami or Capcom. People often think of them as the worst game company ever, having made the worst games ever. AVGN did a hilarious video about them. He also mentions them in a huge number of his videos as the Unholy Grail of Shit video games. But i personally like a lot of their titles.

And here I was thinking that EA or Ubisoft were the worst with their microtransactions and crap but here's the worst of the worst.