Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you fail to complete a task many, many times in a game, do you want the game to offer you to skip it?

On 11/9/2021 at 5:38 PM, Head_Hunter said:

If I see the option to skip, I wouldn't hesitate to do such. I will gently skip such hard level because I have others to play and not just being stuck on one game. 

I would skip when the content isn't worth the stress it's required. So, it's better to move on to the next phase. 

5 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I would skip when the content isn't worth the stress it's required. So, it's better to move on to the next phase. 

It's better to move on to the next faze when the current content or level doesn't make sense or bore you. I am in for the entertainment and not for the boring session. 

2 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's better to move on to the next faze when the current content or level doesn't make sense or bore you. I am in for the entertainment and not for the boring session. 

There is no fun in sticking too long in a section where there isn't anything to get. To the next phase with ease works better. 

4 minutes ago, Boblee said:

There is no fun in sticking too long in a section where there isn't anything to get. To the next phase with ease works better. 

Yes, no fun to stick around in a section that isn't boosting my immersion or suspense in the game, and make me breadth down when I walk through the mission xD. 

If it's something that you truly don't have the ability to complete, and finish, then I think there should be a way to skip it. But it should be after a minimum number of tries, then at the gamers discretion. Lets say there's a particular gunfight in RDR2, that's part of the story line. You can't advance the game until you escape that fight alive. But no matter how many times you try, you simply can't do it. You take cover, you use health tonics, you have enough ammo for the weapons you're carrying. But you just can't beat that one part. Then there should be an option to skip it.

This is the reason I quit playing Guitar Hero. I think it was GH3. There was a point that you had to battle an AI guitar opponent. It was the only way to advance. Well I got mine used, and even though it had the manual, nothing told me how you were supposed to beat this one. This one was different from the previous ones which were slouches. I tried a million times, and could never beat it. So I simply said "fuck this", put the controller down, and never played it again. But then again, I wasn't the biggest fan of either the Wii or the game franchise either. Not to mention that the damn guitar is right handed.

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, no fun to stick around in a section that isn't boosting my immersion or suspense in the game, and make me breadth down when I walk through the mission xD. 

Exactly, it gets boring to the point where it's not fun any more for one to keep playing same thing and not making progress at all. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, it gets boring to the point where it's not fun any more for one to keep playing same thing and not making progress at all. 

Yes, you know the reason what I meant. I don't like to be stuck one place in a video game, I love making progress no matter what.