Register Now
kingpotato

Fortnite in 2021

On 11/12/2021 at 10:18 AM, Darth said:

Haven't touched it for a while now. I loved Fortnite when the game first came out but they messed up the game after it became really, really popular. The biggest problem for me was that they added too much marketing into the game. All the in-game events were cool when they were original and unique.

This - Honestly, I feel like I've outgrown the game. It's nowhere as entertaining as when it first launched. I just got bored of it after a while and haven't played it since.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This - Honestly, I feel like I've outgrown the game. It's nowhere as entertaining as when it first launched. I just got bored of it after a while and haven't played it since.

Definitely. I think the building aspect of it also had a bit of an impact. It made it quite unique at the start but as people got a lot better at that, the casuals got bored of it. No one wants to fight someone that is building a wooden skyscraper to get the high ground.

4 hours ago, Darth said:

Definitely. I think the building aspect of it also had a bit of an impact. It made it quite unique at the start but as people got a lot better at that, the casuals got bored of it. No one wants to fight someone that is building a wooden skyscraper to get the high ground.

Yeah - it just turns into an eternal building match which takes some of the fun out of the game.

On 12/22/2021 at 4:30 AM, o-o said:

Don't really like the game; I prefer a lot more PUBG (even if I no longer play, because the devs simply ignored the community and didn't do the proper regular updates).

It's more or less handling the community of players who can afford spending money and play on expensive devices. unlike PUBG they don't care for low internet speed users or the low spec mobile users. 

I play Fortnite, this is one of my most loved battle royal games. In fact this is also one of the most played games of all times. The game was released in September 2017 and until May 2020, it had 350 million registered accounts.

I've been seeing some random social media posts, mainly on Reddit, that Epic Games is considering removing building from the game. Can anyone confirm if this is actually happening or is it just a temporary change to suit the current story line?

1 hour ago, Darth said:

I've been seeing some random social media posts, mainly on Reddit, that Epic Games is considering removing building from the game. Can anyone confirm if this is actually happening or is it just a temporary change to suit the current story line?

So far looks its just part of the story line of the current season pass. I dont think it will stay like that mainly because building is a big part of fortnite. Maybe they will add a permanent game mode without building but I dont think it will be removed forever.

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

So far looks its just part of the story line of the current season pass. I dont think it will stay like that mainly because building is a big part of fortnite. Maybe they will add a permanent game mode without building but I dont think it will be removed forever.

Thank you. There seem to be a few people that think it might be a permanent change which I'm honestly hoping for. The building aspect was annoying me which is what stopped me from playing the game for a longer period.

1 hour ago, Darth said:

Thank you. There seem to be a few people that think it might be a permanent change which I'm honestly hoping for. The building aspect was annoying me which is what stopped me from playing the game for a longer period.

I agree Im enjoying the game without building, makes the game faster and more tactical, I really doubt that they will remove it permantly but hopefully they at least reduce the amount of building in the game.