Register Now
Shagger

GTA The Trilogy "Definitive Edition". Em, no it isn't

6 hours ago, m76 said:

Can you show an example? Which company requires employees to brand their social media account? I've never heard this happen. If anything companies should be encouraging against this as they don't want to be dragged into the thick of it when someone says something stupid on social media. Of course they don't bear full responsibility for the company's actions. They are just an arm of the company.

Well unfortunately when it comes to the burden of proof, which is on me, the only accounts I can prove that definitely aren't bullshit are of those in higher profile positions.  That being individuals like Cory Barlog, Sony's Santa Monica Studio, but as I'm sure you'd argue that doesn't really prove my point.  Sorry, but your going to have to go on a little bit of faith here.  Employees, even lower level ones of companies do have to take on some level of responsibility in representing their brands and publicly post post details of their positions on their own social network accounts and/or create specific accounts for them.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

Sadly the only way disgruntled fans can make themselves heard these days is if they overwhelm the company with complaints, it's out of desperation, not malice. So again the fault is with the company, who'd try to silence complaints. And that is why I get upset when they start talking review bombing and harassment campaign. No, there are no avenues left for players to complain so they do it the only way they can: By leaving negative reviews or contacting affiliated social media accounts. So in the end it is the company's fault on all levels.

That is NOT the only way and you know it.  A single post on social media, a YouTube video, a comment, a forum post, a written review...  There are a tons of ways to make your criticisms known that don't fall the route of harassment.  Do they guarantee that you point with be met by the person(s) you intend, probably not.  Does that mean you should repeatedly post insulting shit on social media until you are certain they do see it, absolutely not.

You seem to be attempting to ride what you seem to think is a thin line between criticism and harassment, when the truth is these things are a full 8 lane highway apart.  Bullying and harassment are not acceptable behaviour under any circumstance.  I'll happily and have on many occasions called out companies on their bullshit Rockstar included but the difference between that and harassing and/or insulting people at those companies is crystal clear, or at least it should be.

31 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Well unfortunately when it comes to the burden of proof, which is on me, the only accounts I can prove that definitely aren't bullshit are of those in higher profile positions.  That being individuals like Cory Barlog, Sony's Santa Monica Studio, but as I'm sure you'd argue that doesn't really prove my point.  Sorry, but your going to have to go on a little bit of faith here.  Employees, even lower level ones of companies do have to take on some level of responsibility in representing their brands and publicly post post details of their positions on their own social network accounts and/or create specific accounts for them.

That is NOT the only way and you know it.  A single post on social media, a YouTube video, a comment, a forum post, a written review...  There are a tons of ways to make your criticisms known that don't fall the route of harassment.  Do they guarantee that you point with be met by the person(s) you intend, probably not.  Does that mean you should repeatedly post insulting shit on social media until you are certain they do see it, absolutely not.

You seem to be attempting to ride what you seem to think is a thin line between criticism and harassment, when the truth is these things are a full 8 lane highway apart.  Bullying and harassment are not acceptable behaviour under any circumstance.  I'll happily and have on many occasions called out companies on their bullshit Rockstar included but the difference between that and harassing and/or insulting people at those companies is crystal clear, or at least it should be.

The thing is that harassing the employees of Rockstar is not going to change anything because they are not the ones that was supposed to effect any changes in the company's policies rather it is the major shareholders of the companies that should be attacked in a way that they should know that whatever policies that they are doing is not reflecting to what they are supposed to offer to their customers or gamers.

7 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The thing is that harassing the employees of Rockstar is not going to change anything because they are not the ones that was supposed to effect any changes in the company's policies rather it is the major shareholders of the companies that should be attacked in a way that they should know that whatever policies that they are doing is not reflecting to what they are supposed to offer to their customers or gamers.

Wrong, NOBODY should be attacked. Not even at the executive level. Even if if it's an abuse, corrupt scumbag like Bobby Kotick, what you do is not buy thier games and criticise the company by joining the voices saying he should resign. In the case of Rockstar and Grove Street Games, criticise the poor quality of a game publicly, but for the love of god don't "attack" anyone.

Edited by Shagger

Just now, Shagger said:

Wrong, NOBODY should be attacked. Not even at the executive level. Even if if it's an abuse, corrupt scumbag like Bobby Kotick, what you do is not buy thier games and criticise the company by joining the voices saying he should resign. In the case of Rockstar and Grive Street Games, criticise the poor quality of a game publicly, but for the love of god don't "attack" anyone.

If that's the case, who then should take the responsibility of what's been done? Someone must be held accountable!! 

Just now, Heatman said:

If that's the case, who then should take the responsibility of what's been done? Someone must be held accountable!! 

When it come to the kind of stuff surrounding people like Activision/Blizzard and thier abusive culture, that's a different matter and more complex. That's about how people treat people and their are individuals who have done serious wrong.

When it's something as arbitrary as a game's lunch state, we handle it, as the community, by showcasing and talking about and bring those concerns to representatives of the company and make it clear "This isn't acceptable". We demand refunds, we publicly refuse to buy thier games until they are in an acceptable state. We write reviews for other people to read to spread the word about these issues. But most importantly of all, we do all of that in a civilised manner. We don't go to individuals social media accounts and give them hell just because they work there, whether they be the CEO, the janitor or anyone in between as no person is to blame for these things and no one person is in a position to fix these issues alone. Yes, there are people who need to be held accountable in these situations, especially in upper management, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable nor helpful to target individuals armed with one's frustrations.

2 minutes ago, Shagger said:

When it come to the kind of stuff surrounding people like Activision/Blizzard and thier abusive culture, that's a different matter and more complex. That's about how people treat people and their are individuals who have done serious wrong.

When it's something as arbitrary as a game's lunch state, we handle it, as the community, by showcasing and talking about and bring those concerns to representatives of the company and make it clear "This isn't acceptable". We demand refunds, we publicly refuse to buy thier games until they are in an acceptable state. We write reviews for other people to read to spread the word about these issues. But most importantly of all, we do all of that in a civilised manner. We don't go to individuals social media accounts and give them hell just because they work there, whether they be the CEO, the janitor or anyone in between as no person is to blame for these things and no one person is in a position to fix these issues alone. Yes, there are people who need to be held accountable in these situations, especially in upper management, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable nor helpful to target individuals armed with one's frustrations.

You do have a point but the clear line in it for me is targeting the ones that would clearly be able to effect a change with what's been done ; just like you pointed out about the top management. 

Yes, it would be helpful to offer up critics in reviews and all sort but it's almost another impossible task to get all gamers to have one voice in declining to purchase such poorly made games. 

19 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You do have a point but the clear line in it for me is targeting the ones that would clearly be able to effect a change with what's been done ; just like you pointed out about the top management. 

Yes, it would be helpful to offer up critics in reviews and all sort but it's almost another impossible task to get all gamers to have one voice in declining to purchase such poorly made games. 

It's is hard to get these companies to pay attention to the simple collective message that the state is this game is unacceptable. It's even harder when said companies have to deal with Jane from accounting has somebody persistently telling her to kill herself on twitter. If you were, let's say, a HR manager at said game company, what one of those two situations would be a higher and/or more immediate priority? Exactly, it would Jane from accounting. That's why this shit doesn't help and in fact only slows the response from a company to address the concerns of the customer base.

Edited by Shagger

Just now, Shagger said:

It's is hard to get these companies to pay attention to the simple collective message that the state is this game is unacceptable. It's even harder when said companies have to deal with Jane from accounting has somebody persistently telling her to kill herself on twitter. If you were, let's say, a HR manager at said game company, what one of those two situations would be a higher and/or more immediate priority? Exactly, it would Jane from accounting. That's why this shit doesn't help.

With that being said, gamers are simply at the mercy of what these want and don't want to do which we can't really help it but take whatever that's been thrown to us. It's quite a shame!! 😑 

It's an actual joke how bad the remasters are at the moment. Rockstar did an awful job at selecting a third-party develop to do this and really should have remastered it in-house. I'm not sure why they thought Grove Street Games could do a good job since they butchered the mobile versions previously as well. 

I'm glad that I have not got the game, then again still 50/50 you know as the good old GTA classic games stories are so good. But it started off so badly with the trilogy. I rather not spend $50 for the game other then seeing the price lowerd. Plus My hype for this trilogy died when they started taking down mods, pretty clear why they were doing that now, because mods for the originals absolutely destroy this half baked attempt.

20 hours ago, Darth said:

It's an actual joke how bad the remasters are at the moment. Rockstar did an awful job at selecting a third-party develop to do this and really should have remastered it in-house. I'm not sure why they thought Grove Street Games could do a good job since they butchered the mobile versions previously as well. 

The suckers were probably looking at cutting cost which made them to hire a third-party developer to do the job for them and eventually had a piss poor job done. 

Yeah, it's crazy that they were even thinking of that. A lot of people have been waiting for updated versions of the game and would have been happy to spend any amount to get a proper remaster or remake of the trilogy. The only thing they've managed to do is to slightly ruin their reputation.

28 minutes ago, Darth said:

Yeah, it's crazy that they were even thinking of that. A lot of people have been waiting for updated versions of the game and would have been happy to spend any amount to get a proper remaster or remake of the trilogy. The only thing they've managed to do is to slightly ruin their reputation.

Reputation is something that's very critical and when it's put in jeopardy for once, it's definitely going to be very hard to get fixed up. 

3 hours ago, Darth said:

Well, that goes just straight into the bin and them loosing a lot of money they are supposed to earn or make in their process if they had done it well.