Register Now
The Blackangel

Is farming items cheating?

When it gets later int eh game, I tend to leave FF8 running for a day or two to farm items. I equip counter, and an elemental attack that will heal whatever I'm fighting. I also turn on the invincibility, so that I don't get killed. It requires Rinoa in your party, and she has to have the Angelo Search ability learned.

Leave it running, and let Angelo come in and dig up items over the next several days. Is that cheating? It's the only way I've been able to get a couple items in game, such as Ribbons. I don't know where I actually stand on this, but I'm leaning more toward it being cheating. But I also know that when I get to a point in the 3rd disc era I tend to get bored. I rarely go to the 4th disc, because the only place to go is Ultimecia's castle, and the "bosses" there are pathetically easy, including her. So there's little to nothing to do on the 4th disc.

But either way I'm curious what others think. Is it cheating, despite the fact that I'm now in mostly goof off point?

Personally, I don't really see it as cheating because it is something that you invested your time into doing and and other person can also do it as well but some people like to blame other people for investing more time into farming some resources.

44 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Personally, I don't really see it as cheating because it is something that you invested your time into doing and and other person can also do it as well but some people like to blame other people for investing more time into farming some resources.

This is something that most lazy people complain about most of the time and it gets on my nerve to be very honest with you. Do something they won't and they will blame who does it. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no cheating in there, you simply do it to solidify your team or simply use it to make your pro stronger with additional resources that makes em dangerous and robust when facing oppositions. 

It's why I don't listen to them when they start nagging themselves and not me about farming because they can do it as well and to the game system, it's not illegal. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why I don't listen to them when they start nagging themselves and not me about farming because they can do it as well and to the game system, it's not illegal. 

As long as I have the time to farm resources, I would definitely keep on doing that because it would help me so much with the game. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

As long as I have the time to farm resources, I would definitely keep on doing that because it would help me so much with the game. 

You get to burn out your time and energy farming and one lazy gamer would wake up and yap that you're a cheater. Please!!!! Let me be a cheater. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

Since you aren't accustomed to doing it with them, is best you left and allow them doing it. That's how I live my life too, when I can't cope with the heat generated from public noise or chat around a public platform nor community I simply leave. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

You get to burn out your time and energy farming and one lazy gamer would wake up and yap that you're a cheater. Please!!!! Let me be a cheater. 

Seriously, they ain't worth the stress at all because they wouldn't get me to stop farming resources as long as I have the time to do so. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, they ain't worth the stress at all because they wouldn't get me to stop farming resources as long as I have the time to do so. 

Let them keep nagging and let me keep farming whenever I can and best them anytime that we are hooked up to play together especially on PVP. 

I see no issue with it, as long as you're not cheating online, I honestly don't care. Cheat in the single player or not, it's your choice to do so. And, if it's something allowed in game, then I see no issue with it. Hell, even if it's not part of the main game, I don't care. It doesn't affect anyone else, so I see no issue with it. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I see no issue with it, as long as you're not cheating online, I honestly don't care. Cheat in the single player or not, it's your choice to do so. And, if it's something allowed in game, then I see no issue with it. Hell, even if it's not part of the main game, I don't care. It doesn't affect anyone else, so I see no issue with it. 

Provided that my partners in online game is happy with such feature which I am digging for, then their is no problem with it. I wouldn't like a scenario where they see me as a cheater. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Farming is definitely not cheating but some lazy gamers who can't get into it would consider it cheating. Well, it's their opinion by the way.