Register Now
The Blackangel

Is farming items cheating?

2 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

What is worth doing is worth doing well they said. Farming shouldn't be considered cheating because I'm spending my time and resources to farm while you snooze! So for me farming is enjoying your little hard work.

It's only dedicated gamers that can get into farming and still have enough time to play their games anyways. 

On 12/1/2021 at 12:57 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, they ain't worth the stress at all because they wouldn't get me to stop farming resources as long as I have the time to do so. 

It's really unfair for a lazy gamer to tag farming as a cheat! Farming is open to everyone it's a matter of choice, sacrificing resources and time. Anything called cheating is something that can't be accessed by everyone. 

On 12/1/2021 at 12:57 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, they ain't worth the stress at all because they wouldn't get me to stop farming resources as long as I have the time to do so. 

6 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's only dedicated gamers that can get into farming and still have enough time to play their games anyways. 

Yes you're correct. It's your dedication to the game that's motivating you to farm. If you're not dedicated you can't think of farming. 

8 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

Yes you're correct. It's your dedication to the game that's motivating you to farm. If you're not dedicated you can't think of farming. 

It's why I call most of them lazy gamers. Sometimes, they blame others for their failure and for what? So, they can feel good. 

Just now, Prof elohstar said:

I guess that's part of their defence mechanism. Lazy gamers😀 the name suits them. Smiles

Seriously, I couldn't find the best word to use and describe their act. Well, it's their opinion and they can't do anything to stop who farms. 

I'd say it all evens out. The amount of time you spend farming to level up or upgrade your equipment is going to be about equivalent to the amount of time you spend bashing your head against enemies that are slightly stronger than you. It's all good as long as you're enjoying it. Some people hate farming more than dying repeatedly.

If it comes to something online, then yes, I'd say that's cheating. I think, as long as it's not causing issues with other players, or it's a single player game, it should be fine. Otherwise, I say make your own private server where you can cheat all you want. 

I don't mod/cheat in online games, because it's often easy to get caught and systems are also in place to stop hacks/mod programs from being used. Hell, I think if the game launcher finds these hacks/mods, they could ban your account right there. I imagine they have ways to see what you're using in game. 

14 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

What is worth doing is worth doing well they said. Farming shouldn't be considered cheating because I'm spending my time and resources to farm while you snooze! So for me farming is enjoying your little hard work.

It's not even easy to put in the time and effort to farm successfully. So, when you see who does it well, you should congratulate them. 

6 hours ago, Patrik said:

it depends on how long that item is going to be farmeable (if that's the right word), if it's a short term thing, then why not taking advantage from it? 😉

Even if it's short term or long term, it's something that I don't mind at all as long as I have the time to do it whenever I can. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Even if it's short term or long term, it's something that I don't mind at all as long as I have the time to do it whenever I can. 

but having lot of things available (after finding out that they are hard to get) makes the game sort of boring 😕

Just now, Patrik said:

but having lot of things available (after finding out that they are hard to get) makes the game sort of boring 😕

Well, for some gamers it may appear to be boring while for some, it's their apex of satisfaction. 

There are also games where the people abuse certain aspects of online farming. Sometimes gamers find ways to keep the farming going for more than it should, and I think some people are banned for that. 

So if you encounter a glitch in an online game that helps you farm a lot more than you're normally able to, bear in mind, that could result in a ban.