Register Now
The Blackangel

Is farming items cheating?

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

i still wouldn't mind if it's used for speedrunning or something like that, something like this :

Now, I'm very sure that there is no way you would expect any gamer to say no in that kind of situation right? 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Now, I'm very sure that there is no way you would expect any gamer to say no in that kind of situation right? 

of course, it's a speedrun where every single millisecond matters 🙂

13 minutes ago, Patrik said:

of course, it's a speedrun where every single millisecond matters 🙂

Yeah exactly, I do get into that sort of thing from time to time and it's really an awesome feelings most of the time. 

On 3/2/2022 at 8:34 PM, Kane99 said:

There are also games where the people abuse certain aspects of online farming. Sometimes gamers find ways to keep the farming going for more than it should, and I think some people are banned for that. 

So if you encounter a glitch in an online game that helps you farm a lot more than you're normally able to, bear in mind, that could result in a ban. 

Game owners don't think twice when it comes to banning gamers that farm. That is one aspect that they don't joke with since they know farming give undue advantage to those that do it.

53 minutes ago, Knight Barida said:

Game owners don't think twice when it comes to banning gamers that farm. That is one aspect that they don't joke with since they know farming give undue advantage to those that do it.

How would they ban gamers when they are the ones that made it possible to farm? If they want it off, they can do that. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

How would they ban gamers when they are the ones that made it possible to farm? If they want it off, they can do that. 

Sometimes, such decisions can not be likened to what the developers want. It can be a backend issue that some few gamers discovered. So, using it to gather resources is undue advantage. 

11 hours ago, Syntax said:

I don’t think so. If the game allows it within the rules and scope, it’s just grinding but without manually grinding while you do the clicks etc.

Seriously, it's what the video game allows, so there is nothing like breaking the rules in it. It's all up you to participate in it or not. 

On 3/6/2022 at 10:40 PM, Syntax said:

I don’t think so. If the game allows it within the rules and scope, it’s just grinding but without manually grinding while you do the clicks etc.

That's the point. Although some may argue that they are aware of other cheating loopholes and they didn't close it but would ban you if they caught you using them. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's all down to what the developers allows to be legal or legitimate in the game, otherwise everything else is cheat. 

Unless the game's developers close up framing of resources in games, it's completely legal to do and no one's ever going to stop me from doing it.