Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do completionist tendencies ever compel you to do things you hate in games?

On 12/25/2021 at 12:11 AM, Heatman said:

I don't really know or think of it that way - being that having completionist tendency take away my passion for the gaming but rather it will get you addicted to games. 

It will get you addicted for sure, and at same time make you to rush over the game, skipping some contents simply to reach the ending point faster. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's something that did happened to me playing one particular game back then. I think that it was Apex Legends or something. 

That's cool, I hope you're still playing Apex legends up to this day? The last time I checked for the game, it is compatible on almost all the consoles especially the upgraded ones. 

2 hours ago, Darth said:

Yes, it's definitely made me hate a few games from time to time. It's the trophies/achievements for games that will sometimes really annoy you because some of them make you really go out of the way to earn them.

Personally, I love to have my achievements in the games that I play because they will show how much I invested as well. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Achievements are wonderful compliments which shows you're having a good game time. If you aren't playing well, you wouldn't rack up more achievements in a game. 

A great friend of mine is a hardcore trophy collector. There is no trophy that he wouldn't collect as long as it's possible to do so. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

A great friend of mine is a hardcore trophy collector. There is no trophy that he wouldn't collect as long as it's possible to do so. 

That's tremendous that your friend is a hardcore game collector, he likes it, that's good he is chasing more of the trophies and achievements in video games. 

On 12/26/2021 at 7:22 PM, Darth said:

Yes, it's definitely made me hate a few games from time to time. It's the trophies/achievements for games that will sometimes really annoy you because some of them make you really go out of the way to earn them.

If you ain't wining anything, it's not worth playing in my opinion to be very honest with you. It's a big reason to play for me. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you ain't wining anything, it's not worth playing in my opinion to be very honest with you. It's a big reason to play for me. 

Exactly, it's part of the fun in playing these games. It's what you get to show up for the time you have invested in playing the game. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's tremendous that your friend is a hardcore game collector, he likes it, that's good he is chasing more of the trophies and achievements in video games. 

Some gamers takes huge pride in their collection of trophies because it's a product of their sacrifice and commitment to their games. 

On 12/27/2021 at 6:40 PM, Justin11 said:

Yeah, it's been how he rolls with his gameplay over the years and he's quite that damn good at it. If I'm that good at trophy collection, it would be awesome. 

10 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, it's been how he rolls with his gameplay over the years and he's quite that damn good at it. If I'm that good at trophy collection, it would be awesome. 

Maybe, you can still learn from him and improve your game to collect more of the achievements, to get more armours and other giveaways in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Maybe, you can still learn from him and improve your game to collect more of the achievements, to get more armours and other giveaways in the game. 

Naaah, trophy collection isn't for me seriously, because I can't really keep up with the headaches that comes with it. 

Just now, Boblee said:

Naaah, trophy collection isn't for me seriously, because I can't really keep up with the headaches that comes with it. 

Lol, you've said your mind now, since you health doesn't permit you that way, is simply as you've taken your time to play as you feel like to play. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, you've said your mind now, since you health doesn't permit you that way, is simply as you've taken your time to play as you feel like to play. 

It's got nothing to do with my health really but I know how stressful it can get trying to keep up with the playing pattern that comes with trophy collection.