Register Now
Kane99

What's the most competitive you ever been at a video game?

What was the most competitive you have ever been while playing a video game? For me, I liked to think I was one of the best at WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain, so I proclaimed I was king of that game, without ever having played it only. It had online multiplayer as well, but we didn't have good enough internet back then. Anyway, I played that game a lot, pretty much mastering it on all difficulties or so I thought. Anyway, it was the most competitive I was at a game. None of my friends could beat me, but I always wanted to challenge other people to the game, but never had the chance. 😞 

I don't understand the fascination with going pro, personally. It's a little like saying 'I keep playing guitar and getting better at it, but it's frustrating and I wonder why I do it if I'm not planning on having a go at a music career'. But all I know that when it comes to the games, I do CSGO And that's all, even if I stick to hostage 

CSGO is competitive and it's by go to. 

16 hours ago, Empire said:

I don't understand the fascination with going pro, personally. It's a little like saying 'I keep playing guitar and getting better at it, but it's frustrating and I wonder why I do it if I'm not planning on having a go at a music career'. But all I know that when it comes to the games, I do CSGO And that's all, even if I stick to hostage 

CSGO is competitive and it's by go to. 

I get why some would. Gaming is fun, and if you are a pro at it, why not take advantage of it. I mean, if I had the skills to beat most players in certain games, I'd take that as the opportunity to try my hand at pro gaming. But, since I am no pro, there's no chance I would unless it's a novice tournament or something. But it's also nice that these tournaments offer cash prizes, so if I was a pro, I'd give it a shot. 

CSGO is for sure competitive. I remember the first time I got it on the 360, I was destroyed left and right. I just couldn't get into it. 

I don't personally enjoy online gaming, so going pro and having to play alongside others doesn't appeal to me personally. As mentioned by @Empire being able to play an instrument shouldn't equate to requirement of a professional career. For example I play an aulos. There's little call for that unless I find a Celtic band that would want it. I'm also trying to learn guitar. I would like to play relaxing acoustic, and be able to shred 80's style. But I don't see myself ever having any desire of going pro.

I don't game online at all but back in the day a buddy and me would take turns playing the Gran Turismo games. He was a beast on that game. I generally think of online gaming as a shithole half full of assholes I don't tolerate.

And Blackangel I've been playing acoustics and shredding 80's style for 40 years! These are good times to get really good stuff cheap if you shop well.There's some amazing tech out there for cheap.

7 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

And Blackangel I've been playing acoustics and shredding 80's style for 40 years! These are good times to get really good stuff cheap if you shop well.There's some amazing tech out there for cheap.

I have a Yamaha acoustic and a Fender Squier electric. I just need to find a teacher that can accommodate someone in a wheelchair.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

I don't personally enjoy online gaming, so going pro and having to play alongside others doesn't appeal to me personally. 

That's fair. I am kinda the same way, at least depending on the game. For example, when I play Fortnite with a couple friends, we like to get into bot lobbies, and to do this, you need someone with a console or another device that has fortnite and we need to bring in a 1 level player. Once we get in, we kick the 1 level player and then we're in lobbies with bots the whole way through. We have to keep adding and kicking the other player, but that's fine if you would rather just play against bots.

On 12/15/2021 at 3:01 AM, Lamarr the strelok said:

I don't game online at all but back in the day a buddy and me would take turns playing the Gran Turismo games. He was a beast on that game. I generally think of online gaming as a shithole half full of assholes I don't tolerate.

Doesn't have to be online, could be via splitscreen multiplayer. Many consoles today still support it, it's just that most people don't play that way anymore. But you can still talk about retro and classic games that had local multiplayer. I played a lot a 2-player video games growing up, so you can be competitive offline too. 👍

14 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

I was never a fan of split screen.I don't have anyone around I could play with.Also, I've sorta got a Single player mindset. Relax and take your time.The online gaming mindset is a bit different, which is fine. Everytime I've played online I just get anxiety for various reasons.

Yeah split screen can be annoying. I'd much prefer having two tvs set up to game on against others, but that's easier said than done. Not all of us own multiple TVs to game with. Anyway, split screen does eat up a lot of screen, especially if you're gaming on a small screen to begin with. But I still have nostalgia from split screen gaming back in the day. 

And I get that. I too get anxiety when it comes to playing online games, especially if I'm joining a game lobby/world that I don't know anyone in. 

I was asked to join a semi-pro CSGO team here in Spain, but rejected it due to its salary/effort hours. I really love playing competitive, I'm that kind of guy, especially on FPS games (and more on CSGO, of course).

For me I would have to say that most I have ever been competitive in a video game was with Call Of Duty Black Ops 3. I played that game so much and me and my other half even had a clan on it back at the time of the game being in its prime. I would play constantly and got really good at the game but then soon stopped playing it and got burned out on Call of Duty. I would say the only other game I have ever attempted to be competitive on is Fortnite. I often go and play the arena mode they have and will sometimes join the competitive events they have going that are open for me. 

The most competitive I ever been at a video game is who sells it cheapest. I don't play online. If I had internet access to play online anytime I want then I will get competitive. I'm a gaming soldier without a cause. Drifting. Nomad. Home. I think not worrying about competition makes my gaming experience as 'ignorance is bliss' because I can't fathom the joy you feel and I don't need it because I'm on a high level of solo gaming beyond competition. 

The most competitive I have ever been at a video game was at Mobile Legends Bang Bang. It's a 5 v 5 MOBA. I had gained so much experience playing it for over 6 years that while matching & hero selection itself I used to correctly predict whether my team would win or not. 😄 I am still pretty good at the game and can easily reach the top ranks if I play daily.