Register Now
Kane99

Unreal Engine 5 going to be the one to make realistic graphics?

Unreal Engine 5 has killed it with the new Matrix demo that came out recently, boasting impressive visuals and graphics, that some may think it's too real. With Unreal Engine 5 games are going to become very realistic. The recent Matrix Demo may not have been photorealistic enough, but it was very close, in that uncanny valley as they call it, between real and fake. Anyway, If Unreal Engine 5 doesn't make it a reality, then I could see Unreal Engine 6 being the one to make it a reality. 

Do you think that we'll be seeing photorealism sooner than we first thought? 

Realistic physics can be part of graphics (rain, smoke, knocked up dirt, etc), but yeah I completely agree with what you're saying. One thing that's been standing out to me is AA. A lot of games look great but then have jaggies everywhere. I was playing Forza Horizon 5 maxed out and it felt like parts of the car were meant to saw wood with the amount of jagged lines it had along the rear bumper/trunk lip.

I understand that video games are more realistic this days with the unreal engine 5, which is the latest at the moment. But still, improvement needs to be carried out around video games to make them more realistic, like the characters movement, sprinting etc. 

We have seen a lot of impressive graphics in video games now even without the Unreal Engine 5. It's only going to get more realistic with improved technologies. A lot 2023 upcoming games would be developed with Unreal Engine 5, we will get a test of it sooner than later. 

Seems like everything is using unreal 5 these days. And rightfully so, it's becoming the talk of the town haha. Seriously though, I can only imagine what Unreal Engine 6 is going to be like. That's when realism is going to be pretty close I think. We're already getting there. 

They're also starting to make virtual assistants using Unreal Engine 5 I heard. I've been seeing ads for them all over facebook and instagram. I think it's kinda weird, but I can see people being into that. As well, I can see many using this as their own avatars. Which reminds me, I kinda want to try making my own avatar with something like this. I just wonder if it's possible to do it for free or if I have to pay for something like that. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Seems like everything is using unreal 5 these days. And rightfully so, it's becoming the talk of the town haha. Seriously though, I can only imagine what Unreal Engine 6 is going to be like. That's when realism is going to be pretty close I think. We're already getting there. 

That have always been the pattern of things especially in the tech industry or sector. Just like how Playstation 5 is getting all the waves now, soon in a couple of years, there will be possible Playstation 6.

On 6/26/2022 at 2:32 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I came across this list of games using unreal engine 5 so far. Thought it would be good to look at. 

https://gamerant.com/all-confirmed-unreal-engine-5-games/

There are so many games listed there and the one that's I'm interested in would be Black Myth: Wukong and Hell Is Us. When both the games get released next year 2023, I have my final say on them. 

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

From how realistic the trailer of Black Myth: Wukong looked with Unreal Engine 5, it's going to be very easy for one to think that it was a movie's trailer. 

Unreal engine 5 has revolutionized video gaming in terms of graphics and how realistic the games look. It such a beauty to play a video game and feel like you are immersed in it because of it's real world experience just like how I felt when I played Elden ring.

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

Unreal engine 5 has revolutionized video gaming in terms of graphics and how realistic the games look. It such a beauty to play a video game and feel like you are immersed in it because of it's real world experience just like how I felt when I played Elden ring.

I hope you know that Elden Ring wasn't made with Unreal Engine 5? It was developed with the same game engine FromSoftware Inc used for Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.