Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever keep a journal about the games you play?

4 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That sounds like a cool thing to do. It would be great to look back on what you wrote and recall how you felt that first time playing it. When i've had a good gaming session I think about it afterwards and I actually think it's a great idea to write it down. 

I know right? I was thinking about doing it too. I should  have started when I was a kid. It would have been fun to re-read my tastes as a kid and teen. Maybe I will get my future kids to do that. Could be fun to see their thoughts on some of the classics. 

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm trying to write a couple reviews of some games, but I don't know if that counts. I'm also uploading videos to my YouTube channel, but they're not available to the public yet. I'm sure that one doesn't count, though.

I can see how writing a review may be a kind of journal because you have to recall what you felt and observed. A journal can even help to write a review for later. I wish I kept a journal over the 2 year period playing AC Odyssey, and I'm still playing it. Because I know if I try to put in context what I felt back then, it probably won't be as emotional and descriptive today. But, it would always be fun to write about my favorite games anytime. 

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm trying to write a couple reviews of some games, but I don't know if that counts. I'm also uploading videos to my YouTube channel, but they're not available to the public yet. I'm sure that one doesn't count, though.

I would say that counts. You're technically journalling about the game when doing that anyway. I'd consider a review good for a journal. 

Why aren't they public? Just waiting for the time when you're ready to release them to the masses?

Well if you count writing reviews on them then yes, I kept a journal about most games I Finished since about 2008.

And sometimes I do use it as a journal reading back some of my old thoughts.

Edited by m76

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I talked about that here. The reason is just too embarrassing for me to make them live until I can figure something out.

Ah I see. That's understandable. Our voices sound different to our own selves. I am not a fan of my own voice. 

3 hours ago, m76 said:

Well if you count writing reviews on them then yes, I kept a journal about most games I Finished since about 2008.

And sometimes I do use it as a journal reading back some of my old thoughts.

Sure that counts. I mean you're writing your feelings and thoughts on a game, so it totally counts.