Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Is it worth it to play any GTA game before GTA5?

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I just got San Andreas for ps3 instead of the Trilogy because I want to endure the excitement of old school. I'll decide with my two brained cojones if it was worth playing old school. 

It's the best decision of your year in gaming to avoid GTA trilogy like a plague. San Andreas is definitely a good guy. 

Honestly, do OP want to play the first GTA titles? It's really up to you. It's not a requirement to play all the titles in the series. The stories have some connections, but they aren't big to the point where you'd be confused or want to play the older games to figure it out. If you feel like you'd enjoy them, then have fun. They are fun games to play. Some would argue more fun than the newer games in some regards. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Honestly, do OP want to play the first GTA titles? It's really up to you. It's not a requirement to play all the titles in the series. The stories have some connections, but they aren't big to the point where you'd be confused or want to play the older games to figure it out. If you feel like you'd enjoy them, then have fun. They are fun games to play. Some would argue more fun than the newer games in some regards. 

For the fact that you need to play the first one's before you can be able to understand the second or third ones, then you can easily start out playing when you want. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Exactly, it's not like movies series where you must follow up on all the titles or face big confusion in understanding the series!!! 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, it's not like movies series where you must follow up on all the titles or face big confusion in understanding the series!!! 

Seriously, there is no way you would expect to understand what's going on the movie when you just jump cut into the game. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Oh for sure. Movie series and long shows can't really be skipped if you want the full scope of the story. I mean some can, like south park, Family guy, etc. 

I wouldn't mind GTA continuing a story. Considering people from past games have appeared in a couple games. I would love to see CJ in a new GTA in modern times. Maybe characters from the current game. 

20 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Oh for sure. Movie series and long shows can't really be skipped if you want the full scope of the story. I mean some can, like south park, Family guy, etc. 

I wouldn't mind GTA continuing a story. Considering people from past games have appeared in a couple games. I would love to see CJ in a new GTA in modern times. Maybe characters from the current game. 

Seriously, it's like trying to watch 24 hours and you start from season 5. There is no way you would be able to link up the movie at all. But the case is different in games. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's like trying to watch 24 hours and you start from season 5. There is no way you would be able to link up the movie at all. But the case is different in games. 

You might catch up what goes on in that particular movie with their previously on the last episode but it's not going to full details. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

You might catch up what goes on in that particular movie with their previously on the last episode but it's not going to full details. 

Yeah, that's very correct on how the movie was made. You really did remember a lot of stuffs in the movie till now. 

On 2/5/2022 at 12:13 PM, Boblee said:

Anyways, hopefully, I'm going to be able to complete playing GTA 5 before the year runs out, so I can wait for the GTA 6 properly. 

Okay, you already got GTA 5 right? If so, it doesn't matter if you finish it or not when GTA 6 launched you simply make the jump as well.