Register Now
Kane99

Do you think they'll make another Final Fantasy remake?

With FF7 Remake doing good, I was curious to know if you think Square Enix will also try to remake 8 and up? They're taking their sweet old time with the parts to FF7, but could we eventually see a remake to 8, 9 and all PS1/PS2 games? 

Would you welcome remakes for all those games in the style of the FF7 remake? Or no to remakes? 

24 minutes ago, egghead said:

I have not played every games on Final Fantasy series, I would prefer to play new games instead of remake. But I l also think that they will make another remake very soon.

I am more specific also with the new edition of the F.F series and not just undergoing series of remakes. The series had remake for F.F 2 and 3 including 7, we don't need more of such remake even if they're better improvement. 

On 3/20/2022 at 7:00 AM, NightmareFarm said:

FF9R is leaked. Even if it turns out to be bs I think they'll do another one, FF7R is selling well and they are able to milk it out and split the games into individual chapters. 

Why a remake of final fantasy! I don't think there's need for a remake. 

It's extremely unlikely that Part 2 will be the final part. 3-4 parts total is most likely. 5 parts isn't out of the question depending on if they expand other areas as much as they dud Midgar, but that's probably just as unlikely as 2 parts is. It'll be 3 or 4, flip a coin.

I don't think they will. At least not for a good long while. The remake of FF7 got a lot of backlash when it was released. Sure there are a lot of fans that enjoy it, but there are just as many (if not more) that were let down by it. Taking that into consideration, I don't see them remaking a FF game any time soon. Besides which one would they do? FF8 is listed as the most unpopular games in the FF timeline. It's my personal favorite, and to be honest I was surprised that it even got a remaster due to how unpopular it was/is.

On 3/20/2022 at 3:48 AM, Justin11 said:

I am more specific also with the new edition of the F.F series and not just undergoing series of remakes. The series had remake for F.F 2 and 3 including 7, we don't need more of such remake even if they're better improvement. 

By the way, which was your best Final Fantasy series? Mine was VIII.