Register Now
Kane99

Ever try to break the game?

As in breaking it to see if you can access glitches, and sometimes skip segments of a story or location. I know speedrunners often break the game to find ways to completing it faster. But, have you ever broken the game by trying to jump into glitches and other areas that usually aren't accessible? 

I don't see it as breaking the game, I see it as finding alternate solutions to problems. And I think the best games are set apart from just OK games by allowing these alternate solutions to problems, and not just one specific solution that the level designer had in mind.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

I don't see it as breaking the game, I see it as finding alternate solutions to problems. And I think the best games are set apart from just OK games by allowing these alternate solutions to problems, and not just one specific solution that the level designer had in mind.

That's a good way of putting it. Maybe breaking isn't the right term, but more exploiting the games glitches and problems to get further. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Personally, if I'm reading your description correctly, I always thought of it as finding easter eggs.

Yeah in a way sure. You can count easter eggs, at least if it requires you to utilize a glitch or some other actions to get in. 

But I'm kinda referring to how game testers have to do the same thing over and over to see if any problems occur. I figure their intentions are to break the game, so that they can correct it. But instead, maybe it breaks the game where you can skip levels, or alter the game via code somehow. 

If I get some chances to skip game-play in FIFA or eFootball I'll definitely do it. You can't skip a game you've started in EA FIFA unless you're skipping the match-days in the main menu. At times glitch might made the game too slow for my liking, if I get the chance then I wouldn't hesitate to skip the remaining part and move on to another and taking the win though. 

On 12/23/2021 at 7:29 AM, Kane99 said:

That's a good way of putting it. Maybe breaking isn't the right term, but more exploiting the games glitches and problems to get further. 

Yeah, that seems like a better explanation of the term because it's more of making use of what's left for you in the game to get better if it. 

On 12/23/2021 at 7:29 AM, Kane99 said:

Or even with the breaking word accompanied by let's say " Breaking the bugs/glitches" in the games. That would work as well. 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:19 PM, Boblee said:

Or even with the breaking word accompanied by let's say " Breaking the bugs/glitches" in the games. That would work as well. 

I think that would have been a better and a catchy title. I'm not sure if the OP would like to have it used to replace his initial one used. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I know how frustrating it is to come across ground breaking bugs/glitches that wouldn't let you play and enjoy the game you paid for, that's pathetic one indeed. 

In most cases, there wouldn't be anything you can do in order to get past such bugs. I had my fair share of it playing Cyberpunk 2077 when it came out first. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

In most cases, there wouldn't be anything you can do in order to get past such bugs. I had my fair share of it playing Cyberpunk 2077 when it came out first. 

It feels so much pain to watch the game you spent around $50-$99 suffering from bugs. I know Cyberpunk 2077 was marred by ground breaking bugs in the past, but now, the owners have repaired some of the damage which the game caused. But it's a shame that they didn't take it very serious and rectify the issues of bugs before going on to release the game first time to players. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It feels so much pain to watch the game you spent around $50-$99 suffering from bugs. I know Cyberpunk 2077 was marred by ground breaking bugs in the past, but now, the owners have repaired some of the damage which the game caused. But it's a shame that they didn't take it very serious and rectify the issues of bugs before going on to release the game first time to players. 

It cost them a lot to fix all the bugs and glitches the game came with for years but it was definitely worth fixing because they couldn't have possibly left the game for ruin. Now, we are enjoying the game as it should have been.