Register Now
The Blackangel

Well, we got one.

We went to Best Buy today with the intention of picking up some new headsets. By some stroke of fate, there was an Xbox Series S on the shelf. We both want a Series X but figured this could do until we find one of them, so we’re now caught up with the times as far as Xbox is concerned. The big shocker though? It was less than $300! There was no reason to not pick it up at that price.

Yeah the series s is a competent console. It plays all the series x games, just that you won't have the best graphics and fragrance, but honestly I'd be fine with it. I'm tempted to just get a series s so I can get started on newer games finally. 

Congrats on getting the console! 🙂

Once we get our hands on a Series X we're not sure what we'll do with this one. We may keep it, or we may sell it. I'm thinking if we do sell it to ask a little less than what we paid for it. Maybe $250. We paid $287 for it. But we were dumb enough to not get a protection plan with it. Neither of us thought to, and the guy ringing us up didn't mention it. But they were busy as hell, so I'm sure it just slipped his mind instead of him neglecting to ask. Either way, we at least got the machine. My only question at this point is about Xbox One games. If you have games that you have that are DDL's on Xbox One, can you download them without having to buy them again on Xbox SeriesX/S? I ask because I have Tell Me Why on Xbox One, so I'm wondering how that will work. Also this thing only has 512g of space, so we're going to have to get an external hard drive to hook up to it. Can anyone suggest a good one? We tried using one before that was 1t, but it would only allow us to put one game on it. I think it was either Resident Evil or RDR2. And I know for a fact that neither of those games take a full terabyte of space.

16 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If you have games that you have that are DDL's on Xbox One, can you download them without having to buy them again on Xbox SeriesX/S?

Yes, if they are on you XBox One account you will have access to them on the Series X once you sign in.  Just go to your library and they should be there.  You may have to also upload your save files to the cloud or to external storage if you want to continue where you left off.

16 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

We tried using one before that was 1t, but it would only allow us to put one game on it. I think it was either Resident Evil or RDR2. And I know for a fact that neither of those games take a full terabyte of space.

In that case it would seem that either there is something else on the hard drive taking up space or its not correctly formatted.  Connect the hard disk to you PC and see if there is anything else on it.  If not then format it to exFAT and try again.

Good to hear, enjoy it. I was seriously considering the Series S as well especially since I had the PS5 already. In the end, just went for the Series X through the All Access programme since that was the only way to get one. You could always keep the S and that would allow you both to play at the same time.

On 12/27/2021 at 11:52 PM, The Blackangel said:

We went to Best Buy today with the intention of picking up some new headsets. By some stroke of fate, there was an Xbox Series S on the shelf. We both want a Series X but figured this could do until we find one of them, so we’re now caught up with the times as far as Xbox is concerned. The big shocker though? It was less than $300! There was no reason to not pick it up at that price.

Great deal I must say! For less than $300, I would have picked the Xbox Series S too. Hope you get to play and have fun with it too.

1 hour ago, Knight Barida said:

Great deal I must say! For less than $300, I would have picked the Xbox Series S too. Hope you get to play and have fun with it too.

She ended up getting the Series S if i'm not mistaken. I think she intends to buy the Series X at a later date. But yeah, Series S is affordable, as it's just a digital console, so it usually runs for $300 or so. 

38 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

She ended up getting the Series S if i'm not mistaken. I think she intends to buy the Series X at a later date. But yeah, Series S is affordable, as it's just a digital console, so it usually runs for $300 or so. 

Yeah..... that's exactly what I said in my initial post.

The Xbox series S is a really cool and competent console which I am pretty sure you would have found that out for your self by now. I had a series S but sold it and got my self a series X. But I enjoyed every bit of the time I spent using the series S.