Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about boss fights with multiple stages?

What are your feelings about boss fights where you have to wade through like a stage 1, then a stage 2, then a stage 3? Like where you bring the boss’s health bar down to what looks like zero, and then have to do it all over again? I find them tedious but tolerable if I know that’s what’s coming, but I get frustrated if it isn’t clear at the outset since it messes up supply management.

That's no go for me. A fights shouldn't be on stages, the AI enemy or boss fighter shouldn't command many lives before succumbing to elimination. All lives in the game should be equal and not making AI chief enemy more stronger than my own character. 

I think boss battles in general are lazy. Like how many games do we have there boss fights are usually in 3 stages, or take 3 hits per stage, etc. 

I don't mind stages to a fight if done right. I just wish they'd make boss battles fun sometimes. I understand making them hard, but at least make them creative. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:15 AM, Kane99 said:

I think boss battles in general are lazy. Like how many games do we have there boss fights are usually in 3 stages, or take 3 hits per stage, etc. 

I don't mind stages to a fight if done right. I just wish they'd make boss battles fun sometimes. I understand making them hard, but at least make them creative. 

Seriously, there is no way you would expect me to be cool with that kind of trash and time wasting all in the name of getting into boss fights. 

Some of the features in action or adventure games, made me play more if racing games. Because, I hate it when AI is made more superior than my own pro character. How can an AI main antagonist be made to undergo stages before before halt, but mine isn't like that, just one shot or cut my character is down. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Some of the features in action or adventure games, made me play more if racing games. Because, I hate it when AI is made more superior than my own pro character. How can an AI main antagonist be made to undergo stages before before halt, but mine isn't like that, just one shot or cut my character is down. 

Generally, boss fights are not that easy but when they make it look stupid by making it a three level fights to kill one boss, that's madness in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Generally, boss fights are not that easy but when they make it look stupid by making it a three level fights to kill one boss, that's madness in my opinion. 

It's madness seriously, because there is no way you would expect me to go into playing that kind of fighting. I have better things to do with my life. 

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's very freaky, I detest such. I didn't buy my game to see the boss fighter to prove too powerful than my own character by far. 

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's very freaky, I detest such. I didn't buy my game to see the boss fighter to prove too powerful than my own character by far. 

Exactly, when they make the bosses to be impossible to have beat, and even to drag it to 3 stage fights, what's there to prove? 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, when they make the bosses to be impossible to have beat, and even to drag it to 3 stage fights, what's there to prove? 

That they are bosses and that you have to spend more money to be able to beat him.. Silly developers. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's an uphill battle which I never loved to see in any video game action/adventure game which I'm playing. Such kind of fight is purely unrealistic and doesn't worth it bro.